Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    love beer! budvar or fustenburg

used to drink a lot of vodka/whiskey with some sort of mixer but getting too old for that. half a glass and i'm on the floor .... ah the good old days

Member #
    Beeing an old drunk who's tried it all, I can tell you that the classic Gin/Tonic is the best drink ever invented. There are a heapload of "softdrinks" (a slang for strong liquor mixed with harmless beverages like Coke), out there. Many of them are quite delicious, but be warned, most of these so called 'soft drinks' can have a severe impact on your head and abilities in general. Most of them will make you nauseous. Not immediately mind you, but a short time after you feel on top.

The cleanest, but most dangerous, of all drinks, is Long Iceland Tea which is made out of pure spirits and nothing else!
    The combination of different acids in the alcohol mixtures, takes away the bitterness that pure alcohol normally presents.
    DANGEROUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by transio
    My main drink is Vodka Seven. It's like a vodka tonic, but sweeter.
    The choice of a man who's been out a winter night before.
    (Steve parked me on the curbe the last time we met.)
    Quote Originally Posted by transio
    Sex on the beach...
    Never tried that one, but on the other hand I've had sex on the beach on a few occations in my youth
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Vodka 7

Sounds interesting. I wonder how common it is (i.e., if the bartender will know how to make it).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sex on the Beach is one of those cocktails that are best when you're abroad in Spain or somewhere like that. I shared a pitcher of it with my mate at a Wetherspoons and while it was nice, it wasn't the same.

My usual drinking routine on a night out is to start off with a beer - usually a Corona and lime - then move on to spirits. I'll only touch vodka, everything else tastes vile. I usually have it with coke or red bull, but that depends on where I go, since the quality tends to vary wildly from place to place. I've recently tried it with lemonade, which is nice because it doesn't bloat you like coke does. Vodka red bull is only nice when it's not cheap coke, and the red bull is a decent brand (not necessarily proper Red Bull) - a local indie club sells it for 1 and it's like having stomach convulsions.

I'll also mention that I'm not a fan of mainstream lagers like Fosters, Carling, etc. I'll drink them if I've not much other choice, but I really wouldn't rate them.

The favourite at the moment round here seems to be the Cheeky Vimto. I'm not exactly sure what goes in it, apart from blue WKD, but I had it given to me in a pint pot and it tasted alright.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by filburt1
    Sounds interesting. I wonder how common it is (i.e., if the bartender will know how to make it).
    Get a highball glass. Add a shot of vodka, fill with seven up and add a slice of lime. Simple enough.

It's a relatively common beverage, and any real bartender will know it.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Meh, I'm getting kinda tired of Vodka Tonics now. Still don't care for beer; I tried a Red Bull and something else last night after work (as somebody there says, it's always good to go drinking with the boss, and making the winning shot in a game of pool with $80 riding on it didn't hurt either). I was sure to have only one because it really does make your head explode from the caffeine and alcohol. It's a good thing I was there a couple more hours so I'd be able to still drive.

I was going to have an Appletini a few nights ago, but the place we went to didn't have it. I also tried a Margarita and hated it; I think I just hate Tequila.

I'm definitely able to tell the difference between vodkas now after all the Vodka Tonics. Now I'm torn between having a $2 Happy Hour one and a $5 good one...
    Quote Originally Posted by rosland
    The cleanest, but most dangerous, of all drinks, is Long Iceland Tea which is made out of pure spirits and nothing else!
    The combination of different acids in the alcohol mixtures, takes away the bitterness that pure alcohol normally presents.
    DANGEROUS!!!
    I tried a friend's Long Island Iced Tea last night, as in a sip and not an entire one. I hate tea and expected to hate it too, but it was actually pretty good. I still wouldn't get it though because I always need to drive home afterwards. Gotta be responsible.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My FAVE is White Russian (ever seen The Big Lebowski?). My second fave is Mudslide. They taste kind of coffee-ish which is why I love them.

Recently I went to P.F. Changs and got a key lime martini. YUM! They put graham cracker crumbs around the edge of the glass!
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can make it myself! Sweet!
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    I like a nice, warm Dixie cup of Wild Irish Rose. Mmmmm.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads