Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    A friend introduced me to the vodka tonic. A nice manly drink, and it doesn't get any simpler: vodka + tonic water + lime wedge + ice. During happy hour, it's cheap, and cheap FTW. One is enough to give me a buzz but not enough to make me drunk, which is a nice combination.

However, I was out with the normal group on Friday last night and tried somebody's Sex on the Beach. It was good...like really good. The problem is it doesn't get any girlier than that, especially if they serve it in a martini glass and I sip it while sticking my pinky finger out. Still, I'll stoop down to that level (just the drinking part). Maybe an Appletini too.

I actually don't like beer, the few times I've had it recently. It just tastes nasty. But, the majority of the world is against me on that one, so each to his own.

What's your preference, those-over-21 or the legal drinking age in your respective countries?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Cherry Coke is the closest I get to a mixed drink, I don't drink alcoholic beverages.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    You know what they say, never order a drink that a chick would order or anything with an umbrella..........now, this doesn't apply to when you are out with your spouse.
    Most certainly, never order those drinks when you are out with your friends.

Vodka tonics are good. Vodka has become really popular the past few years.
    I do favor having a beer when I go out, but I am a total beer snob. I won't drink anything domestic. Imports and microbrews.

Of course, I'm spoiled. The family owns a wine shop (and imported beers).

Enjoy the vodka tonics!
    GMan

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The bar we go to (Brewer's Alley--a popular place in Frederick MD) makes their own beers, and one of the guys who goes with us is just like you: a complete beer snob. He also had another person who went with us try a scotch, and so by extension, I tasted it too. It is, by far, the most vile taste I have ever encountered. My notion is that if you need to acquire a taste, appreciate an aftertaste, or focus on a subtlety, then the damn drink just tastes bad to begin with. I don't like having to think in order to appreciate a taste.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Don't drink either.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Hm..

If I am in the house, I mainly drink beer, beers like San Miguel or Brahma.

When I am out, it depends, either stick to beer or go for Vodka + Lemonade + Lime.

The latter choice contradicts planetgman's advice of never ordering something that a woman would order, my girlfriend drinks that.

I'll give anything a taste though, although not big on whisky.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    A nice cold .... ginger ale! I don't drink either!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I only drink on very rare occasions (and, obviously, not in the US), but I haven't liked what I've tasted so far Or, I should clarify: those drinks that I have liked, I have liked the fruit-juice part of them, and I could have done without the alcohol

So, to date, I am inclined to not drink on any given occasion.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Vodka + energy drink (e.g. red bull) is a nice manly combination that has some sweet to it and gives you a simultaneous downer+upper effect leading to a feeling of euphoria. It's a great buzz, but very bad for your health.

My main drink is Vodka Seven. It's like a vodka tonic, but sweeter.

Sex on the beach and other frozen drinks are best left for special occasions (i.e. when no one you know might see you).

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    It's just got to be a dark navy rum and coke - tried it? Beautiful, a lovely refreshing kind of chocolaty flavour with a touch of bite, nice with a wedge of lime.
    Don't do Barcadi or light rum and coke - that's a totally different ball game. Insipid by comparison. The dark rum's what ya want.

I'm British, so I appreciate all the ales - well worth a try, such a variety. Old Speckled Hen, Theakston's Old Peculiar and so forth.

Don't actually really drink much nowadays, but it's usually a dark rum and coke for me.

Edit - warm mulled wine is well worth a try as well, randomly enough. Make sure it's proper - you know with cloves and the proper herbs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads