Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Believe me, I'm a gadget type of guy!

I've tried almost all of them. I don't know how many thousands of dollars I've left on the roadside since I started collecting gadgets.

However, I must say that since I purchased my first mp3 player a hell of a lot of years ago, something incomprehencible has happened.
    I finally turned 'Steve Jobs' and bought the iPOD Nano. And what a treat!!!!!!!!!

I have a heapload of HiFi headsets floating around (probably worth a couple of grand), and I've tested them all on my new blue shining Nano.
    I can safely say that after testing all of them, that this is the most impressive piece of hardware ever.

Apart from the sound, it's absolutely brilliant with regard to ease of use.
    And finally, it's asolutely stunningly beautiful! It's a piece of jewlery!

Having been a loyal iTunes customer for a few years (after Napster shut down), I can seemlessly transfer my library and updates to this little piece of blue shimmering metal, and have my head filled with all the emotional soundwaves that me kicks up dust for me.

I just look at this thingy, and I feel overwhelmed by its engineering beauty. It's a piece of magic with regard to physical apearance and userfriendliness, and it sounds fantastic too!

Any negative experiences?
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have no negative experiences to share. Just that iTunes doesn't compare to amarok, and soon amarok will be coming to a Windows box near you

Member #
    No bad for me, a few problems with Itunes but that is a different matter.

Although once my Ipod Nano would not switch from Hold mode to normal mode. Had to do a cold reboot.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I played around with my friends iPod and I think its much better then my cheap iRiver. I use to use iTunes, but the apple update software screwed up, and I cant install iTunes, nor uninstalled apple update software.

In other words, iTunes + apple update software = no iTunes.

I don't download music from the internet unless it was user-made (not a professional artist) so I rip CDs with windows media player, use Juice to download podcasts (it use to be known as ipodder), and use songbird to organize my music. I only listen to classic rock, and my dad happens to have all the classic rock CDs I want:cheeky:

It seems to be too much software, but it fits my lifestyle. I want to see how iPhone going to be before I buy an iPod.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I upgraded, or downgraded, depending on your perspective, from a 30 GB 5G iPod to a 2 GB 2G iPod. While I do somewhat miss the size difference, the thinness of the Nano makes up for it.

And the battery life is crazy. With my full-sized iPod, I had to charge it at least every other day just from commuting (granted, I have high-bitrate songs and I frequently skip through them so the hard drive gets accessed more). With my Nano, I can go for over a week, sometimes more, and it'll still have a charge.

I sold my iPod on eBay for something like $220 and bought this one refurbished for about $70 less. I think it was worth it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I have a wish! My friend's iPod was obliterated when it was accidentally elbowed off the third floor onto some metal railing. I want apple to implement built-in parachutes, perhaps inflatable automatic cushioning, and, if possible, a small pulse detonation rocket engine underneath if it were to fall somewhere too deep.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Lol. Awesome. 'Course, the other option is attaching your iPod to your body somehow... Although already the nanos are seriously durable and, since they don't have hard drives, dropping it won't do anything to the memory unless it actually physically breaks.

I don't own an iPod (or any sort of MP3 player), but I'm sort of feeling the pain now that I have headphones to use at work but all of my music is on my home computer. At the same time, it's given me the opportunity to explore Pandora, and that's been pretty cool so far.

Member #
    My Nano froze once. That might be in the literal sense for all I know because I was listening to it in the car in the middle of winter when it was 20 below.

Aside from that everything has been well.

Member #
    Did it thaw out?

Member #
    A while after I got home and I reset it.

Remove Ads