Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Think you're actually good at coding? Or maybe you suck? I don't care. But the wonderful people of #iphone need help writing an ARM assembler/compiler in order to run unsigned code on the iPhone, meaning to run custom programs on the iPhone instead of the lame excuses of web apps. So join the project: http://developer.berlios.de/projects/iphone-binutils/

Or read the Wiki, as I've been doing several times a day for a week now: http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page . If you've missed progress, the iPhone can be activated without AT&T (not the same as free service; just the ability to use all the built-in features that don't need a cell connection), and the filesystem can be directly manipulated. It hasn't been unlocked yet, but the previously mentioned project will help with that because they "know how" to do it, but can't issue the necessary commands to do it.

This is my thinly-veiled attempt to have more people hack my (or soon-to-be-my) iPhone.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    < cough > Oh, just helping with an assembler and compiler, are we?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I both fear and respect anybody who could write either an assembler or compiler as it is.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Indeed. There's a class on that at Tech. I kinda want to take it. I mean, I have a vague understanding of what goes into it, but optimization... < shrinks away in fear of the voodoo >

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    For those (nobody) who's interested, my iPhone has been in my possession for a couple of months now.

I got my $100 Apple certificate, but am not going to use it for the moment. I did go to the Apple Store last night near me but didn't see anything worth buying without spending more money on top of it.

I've hacked my iPhone to death. Yes, I have AT&T now instead of Verizon, and pretty much everything on it has been hacked except for unlocking which I don't have a reason to do yet. That means:

• The interface has been heavily rethemed, including a wallpaper I made for it (attached) and a bunch of icons replaced.
    • A ton of custom programs installed, including a new launcher (SummerBoard), an automated installer (Installer.app), Lights Off, Mines (Minesweeper clone), NES.app (an NES emulator), Sensors (a readout of the accelerometer data, which includes an arrow that always points up), a terminal, Tap Tap Revolution, and a voice notes program.

A stock iPhone is nice, but it kicks *** once it's hacked. Every day there's a new program to look forward to, or significant updates to existing programs.

It works for chicks, BTW. "Oh my God, is that an iPhone?" Why yes, it is, and you may touch it. The iPhone, that is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Yay, screenshots:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    pwetty
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Sucks that you got it before that major discount
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads