Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Today I bought a remote controlled helicopter to my son (cheap electric type for inddor flying, costs around $ 100,-)

The manual is written in english, flawless for the most part, but when I came to the section describing the remote control, my jaw dropped.

The below is a letter for letter copy of what's written in the manual. See if any of you can make any sense of it:

This remote control hases already install to protect the device, if want the flight, please open the switch, the indicator would be shining, after operating the pole to the motive to heading up to push then pull to go to most next, the indicator is often Bright, at this time remote control normal usage of ability.
    :Ogre:
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    what the ****?!

First part talks about a standard cover to protect a switch, damned if I know the rest though.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Good luck with that. I don't have a clue what it's going on about. Hopefully yall will figure it out, and have a blast with it.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm thinkin' that part was written in China O_O

Member #
    After reading it over and over, I think it says to flip the power switch on, raise the antenna, and when the indicator light comes on, you are ready to go.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    It sounds a lot like a babelfish translation or something. Looks to me like the end part is the part about turning on, extending antenna, and wait for the light to go on. Yup, like chris said.

Those translations can be funny.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Do you think it's their idea of whacking a bit of "humour" in with their product?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steax
    It sounds a lot like a babelfish translation or something.
    Those translations can be funny.
    I agree, it sounds like a software generated translation. If I knew the original language I could probably "reverse engineer" ithe translation.

BTW, bought a second remote controlled device. A dragonfly made of styrofoam with thin transparent plastic wings (four in all) that flaps to make it fly. There's a minute tailrotor that enables rapid turns and impressive maneuverability.
    It looks like a giant monster version of the real thing when it flies (as it's bodylength is approx 22"), and scares the *** out of unaware humans and animals alike.

A curious cat that had been watching for a while, tried to pounce it after a crashlanding. When my son used the remote control to flap its wings, the cat screamed and jumped 2 feet in the air before disappering out of sight at supersonic speed.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Did the sonic boom do anything to the dragonfly?

Member #
    It was shaken, but flapped on.
    S. Rosland

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads