Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Weird illnesses

Member #
    I was unfortunately diagnosed with mono on Monday. Fortunately I think I've gone through the thick of it without knowing it. A few weeks before I was waking up sweating and feverish in the middle of the night and feeling very drowsy & tired during the day. Right now I just have a terribly sore throat (constant annoyance) with swollen tonsils and swollen glands. Aside from that pain I'm feeling perfectly fine and my strength is still here. I can go out during the day and do whatever, but I'm taking it easy for a while anyway. I think I dodged a bullet with this one though as I've heard of people getting it really bad.

What kinds of experiences have other people around here had with illnesses, if you're willing to share?

(And if you're the praying type I could surely use some )

Member #
    Good luck and get well soon.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    Thanks. I'm feeling a lot better today. No more sore throat, no more white spots in the throat. Still taking it easy though, but I like having excuses not to do anything.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I have this vision problem where I just can't see coming to work all the time.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I'm epileptic. It's under control now, but in college, I had lots of embarrassing moments... seizing in the middle of a packed lecture hall, for example.

Member #
    I had mono and strep at the same time about 2 years ago. The strep made my throat feel like I was swallowing glass and I coudn't eat for days. Strep went away quickly but then the mono lasted about 3 months. I was exhausted all the time and I lost 30 pounds. That was no fun!
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I seem to have dodged most nasty illnesses. The worst I get's a sore throat or an annoying cold. I did get like three sore throats over the summer, though, which is about two more than I usually get in a year, plus I usually get them in, you know, winter. That was annoying...

Member #
    Yeah, I was getting sore throats in the summer too. Not sure why. The mono sore throat was the worst by far tho. As beachkitty said, it was like swallowing glass.

Remove Ads