Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    ...followed by Followup Music Friday. Our newest masochistic tradition is to play the most godawful music we can find among the 1 TB of MP3s on one of the NASs at work. Last week's playlist included Ricky Martin, Justin Timberlake twice, and of course, Rick Astley.

Today was TV show theme music monday. This Thursday should be especially great: we're launching a site for a million-dollar client this week, and rather than murdering each other, we're just torturing ourselves with terrible music.

Also, because the site is about football, we have two footballs (including an official NFL ball used in a game, no less) suspended from the ceiling using a complicated system of paperclip chains, secured to the air vents, so it'll be dramatic when the entire contraption collapses and scares the crap out of us.

Any new traditions at your office?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    No, well actually my office has had a revamp, some sales guys have been moved upstairs leaving us 4 technicians in a room.

When we get visitors (oh please let us get one today) they mention how quiet it is these days.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The new tradition, at least within a 10-foot radius of my desk, is to make paperclip bombs: make a paperclip into a triangle, stretch it apart so one part is higher than the other, and then make a spring by folding the two ends over each other so they're barely held in place by friction. The slighest movement when it's armed makes it launch into the air.

Fun with normal paperclips...epic with a 5-inch-long paperclip made out of heavy-gauge steel. It nearly hits the ceiling.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Not too much at the new job... one day someone went around stealing the balls out of mice. I got blamed, but since I'm new, I have an optic mouse.

At my old job someone would come on the intercom every Friday around 3:30 and play a recording: "La la la la Luke, Luke, I am your father."

Incidentally, the person who accused me of stealing his mouse ball is named Luke, but that's just a coincidence.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads