Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This is for a 'friend', I haven't moved to the 'design over function' side just yet (although watching the promo video - mobile me looks like it might actually be ideal for me )

Can I use mobile me with my own email accounts, it's important that if I send an email it comes from 'my' address and not a 'mobile me' address.

If I use me for this example, I have 4 email accounts that I use all the time. I need to receive email on those 4 accounts, which I imagine will be straight forward enough but I need to be able to send from those 4 email accounts as well, mail from chrome orange must have chrome orange in the from field, mail from lotus on track must have lotus on track in the from field etc.

Any mobile me users out there who are doing this, there are some disgruntled bloggers who seem to think it may not be possible.

TIA

Member #
    further reading suggests that mobile me looks good but won't do anything other than handle a @me.com address which seems, well, crap really.

this looks like it might do well though!

http://www.brinkster.com/bMobile/Default.aspx

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Not sure how Mobile Me works. I plan on getting a 3g iphone next week... we're gonna be doing some development for them. Til then, I'm still a noob.

Remove Ads