Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've thinking recently about a charity-profit organization. I mean, why does it have to be one or another? Why cannot we have both?

Well, I would like to create a web design company that designs websites at a higher price than most other companies (marginal) but also donates 80% of earnings while keeping 20% percent to continue funding web design endeavours.

The charity organization I want to create is based on the belief that humanity can be united under a single banner, and that, as a species, we can solve any problem that comes our way.

Do you think this will be effective?
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    No.

There is a special name for the type of company you are talking about. That name eludes me

I think the reason why it will fail is because if someone wants to donate to charity they will. Many will not want to pay more for web design which they could get cheaper else where.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    +1

I agree with Jason. There is a percentage of middle-class housewives who will pay an $5 for a "save the trees" shopping bag at the grocery store, but they aren't the ones making decisions when it comes to web design... you're dealing with businessmen, and businessmen know that the bottom line is served better by making donations directly, as they'll be tax deductible.

Member #
    After considering this some more I think you may find a number of individuals who would give you work.

However, as Steven says, when it comes to business your dealing with businessmen and money. Its hard to justify giving 80% of a web design bill away to charity.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Maybe he just has to find the right niche... like musicians. Musicians are suckers. :-D

Member #
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Bye bye proposal haha
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads