Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm not entirely sure it's profitable enough for US companies to justify the cost to the US government. I'm naturally suspicious of motives such as profit myself, I'm just not entirely certain that there is enough profit coming out of Iraq for that to be a good reason to stay.

Time will tell. Still, the early moves by the transition team are rather encouraging to me (though not to everyone). It seems, more than anything, that they are just very well organized -- much like the campaign.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andr104
    War will continue. It's very profitable for USA
    That's not the "war" I was talking about. I was talking about the Bob Marley song War, which quotes King Selassie's speech to the UN:

Quote Originally Posted by King Selassie
    That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained and until the ignoble but unhappy regimes that hold our brothers in Angola, in Mozambique, and in South Africa in subhuman bondage have been toppled and destroyed; until bigotry and prejudice and malicious and inhuman self-interest have been replaced by understanding and tolerance and goodwill; until all Africans stand and speak as free human beings, equal in the eyes of the Almighty; until that day, the African continent shall not know peace. We Africans will fight if necessary and we know that we shall win as we are confident in the victory of good over evil.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by King Selassie
    That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained and until the ignoble but unhappy regimes that hold our brothers in Angola, in Mozambique, and in South Africa in subhuman bondage have been toppled and destroyed; until bigotry and prejudice and malicious and inhuman self-interest have been replaced by understanding and tolerance and goodwill; until all Africans stand and speak as free human beings, equal in the eyes of the Almighty; until that day, the African continent shall not know peace. We Africans will fight if necessary and we know that we shall win as we are confident in the victory of good over evil.
    Posted by King Selassie - LOL! :-D (is he really on our forums? )

As for the Iraqi war being profitable, I reckon the American government is making a lot of money out of it I'm not saying that it's worth it and I'm not saying the government is deliberately making profit on the war, but they probably are.

I like that quote, so true. And I see what you mean when you started this thread.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Any name can be placed in the QUOTE bbcode as the quotee.

As for the US govt, they're bleeding money from the war. On the other hand, there are companies throughout the world who are making a pretty penny from war profiteering.

Anyway, let's keep the thread ON TOPIC guys
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    Any name can be placed in the QUOTE bbcode as the quotee.
    I knew that, I just thought if funny that some random guy who is obviously not on our forums was quoted. I thought it briefly amusing.

Anyway, it seems as though we've got a bit off topic. Sorry if I contributed to that.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    I'm not entirely sure it's profitable enough for US companies to justify the cost to the US government. I'm naturally suspicious of motives such as profit myself, I'm just not entirely certain that there is enough profit coming out of Iraq for that to be a good reason to stay.

Time will tell. Still, the early moves by the transition team are rather encouraging to me (though not to everyone). It seems, more than anything, that they are just very well organized -- much like the campaign.
    Amount of oil in the world is reduced, and USA advantageous to control the world oil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads