Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, all, Noob here. I am designing a site for a small t-shirt business and the owner would like to be able to have ordering done directly over the site, and would like to have the price totaled up for the user at checkout. The monkey wrench in this is that she is charging less per shirt for bulk orders. I see that there are multiple different kinds of shopping cart tutorials on the web. I can't use CF, that is the one I've used before, because our host doesn't support it. Right now the first question I need to ask: is whether PHP or a javascript shopping cart would be best for this project.

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Welcome to the forum!

I'd go with something PHP based, e.g. osCommerce. Very popular cart system.

Where's the avatar from?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Thanks! I checked it out and it is above and beyond my expectations. I totally excited about this.

The avatar is actually from Yahoo Messenger. In the yahoo folder in the programs file you can to messenger, cache, and then avatars. In that folder you will see small icons of the avatars that people you've chatted with have made (including yours, of course). I think it's a good way to represent yourself and maintain a little privacy.

Cheers!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Glad you like it! Steve aka Transio, the owner of WDF, recommends osCommerce a lot I think.

So it's a premade one from Yahoo, gotcha. I'm looking for a tool that will let me clean up / update my own avatar which was made years ago from some website's avatar toolkit.
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Hmmm, I don't know about that one. Maybe an animation program? I heard about a really cool freeware font editor that you can make designs with called 'Tattoo' but I've searched and searched and can't find it. The other font editors I saw only used letters, so maybe I was misinformed. Maybe a logo editor? I wish I had more info on this because that would be an awesome program to have. I'm so new out of school that I don't have the skinny on everything as of yet I use publisher and photoshop for everything right now. Let me know if you find something!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Really just looking for a prefab one (as I have no real artistic skills), but thanks anyway! Keep us informed of how osCommerce works for you!
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey Wired, You can create an avatar for a Yahoo Profile, then do a right click Save As... to save it locally.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    I know, but I can't revamp my current avatar there
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads