Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: The New Guy!

Member #
    I thought I'd introduce myself here first before posting any questions or anything. First off my name is Shawn. I'm 22 years old and seeking to learn web designing and building my own web sites. I am into hot rods, classic cars, classic trucks, custom motorcycles, etc (anything from the 1920's-1960's). I have started an automotive mobile detailing and custom business recently and would like to build my own website. I have done very little web work in high school but nothing too professional. I have always wanted to learn but just now getting to it. I thought that joining these forums would help me gain the knowledge I need to get started (besides joining a class at the local community college) and work from there. I also plan to start an online business selling detail supplies and thought that learning this would help. Seems that there is a great amount of knowledgeable people here that can offer me some great advice.
    If anyone has any advice, comments, suggestions or questions, please feel free to post them here for me.
    Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hot rods and retro design...That's great! I wish you good luck!

Member #
    Thanks! I plan to buy a few books to learn the very basics and rules when building websites. The rest I will learn from here and just messing with it. I have been thinking about taking courses at the local community college but between starting a business, shooting and editing video (for commercials, short films, etc) and other things like the fire department and personal things, I have my plate very full for a while and going to take a class to learn something for a hobby isn't going to happen right this moment. Maybe next summer but this year no. I will be going back to college next semester to finish my business classes and need to get that out of the way first.
    I think I can learn enough to do what I want to do by reading all the tips here and in books and just really learning whatever program I decide to start using. I did buy a Mac Mini a few weeks ago just for business and web site work and a nice Samsung 23" monitor (soon to have two for rough video editing). Now it's all about deciding which programs to use for web and graphic design. :-D
    I do have Photoshop 7.0 that I have had for quite a few years. The newest version of photoshop I have no clue about, I am not sure what the latest one is.
    Anyways, I plan to start posting some here and mostly reading everything I can to get me started!

Remove Ads