Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    So my girlfriend was at CES in Vegas last weekend. She brought me back lots of goodies!!!

One company gave her an awesome leather case - perfect for my iPhone!

Another gave her a leather keychain with a built in flashlight - perfect for my bathroom keys at the office!

But the BEST of them was the United States Postal Service!!! The USPS gave her a KILLER USB Flash drive built into the shape of a little blue race car. It's so awesome - it has a lanyard, a really nicely manufactured heavy duty car housing, and lots of accessories - a USB extension cable, a CD rom with software, and it all came packaged in a sweet shiny Apple-style box.

Now I'm a total car nut, so this is perfect for me. It'll fit in perfectly next to the MatchBox cars on my desk!! So I took 15 minutes attaching the lanyard. It was a bit of a headache, but totally worth it! I want to wear this puppy around my neck! I showed it off to my coworkers. They were totally jealous.

So then I plugged it in to my computer. Not cause I needed it, but just to see how many Gigs of memory they give me.

Then I saw the number, and I almost jumped for joy!!! 63 GB!!! OMG!!! WOW!! That's like a freaking hard drive!!! This is the best day of my life!!! Wow! I'm about to jump for joy, but I look again, just to savor the pleasure of a 63 GB flash drive once more.....

And then i saw it.... and my stomach turned...

No, it wasn't 63 gigabytes of storage. I read it wrong... it's 63 megabytes of storage (yes, MB - like, 1/10th the size of a CD).

WTFH?!?

I refused to believe that anyone would spend the money to manufacture such a beautiful and well packaged piece of useless garbage!

So I spent the next 10 minutes installing the software, reading the nice printed manual that came with it, reformatting it, etc., etc.... to no avail.

And I wept. :-[

And my coworkers laughed at me. :-[

What a F-UP!!!! I mean SERIOUSLY??? 63 MEGABYTES? That'll store like ONE Photoshop file.

Thanks USPS!!! :-D

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    wow smose, you need to learn how to think sometimes.

they want you to use the hard drive to store word docs that you are going to print out and mail DUH

dont be so negative...ok so here goes:
    Put about 5 songs on it, buy a deck for your car with a usb plug in.
    Roll your windows down and cruise down the street with your 5 song playlist.

You only have room for 5 songs, so make them really epic.

Remove Ads