Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Which search engines is best?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    But they weren't that similar to Bing.

Plus the merge with Yahoo will help quite a bit.
    New Jersey Website Design: We offer services in Web Design, SEO, Website Design, Belmar Web Design
    We are located in Belmar, New Jersey and Collingswood, New Jersey
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    the merge isn't really a merge at all. microsoft has been attempting to buy out yahoo for years. yahoo is falling apart and at one point charged for pop access to email. not sure if thats still the case. yahoo first lost geo sites and has done verything they can to keep their stock price just out of reach of ms. it looks more to me that ms has finally gotten their wish but the transition will take time and not be made public till they get the pr squad nice and prepared by small test introductions like this merge.

google has far to many products that work well. 5 microsofts and yahoos combined couldn't kill google.

although the competition is good. google is getting lazy on enforcing tag stuffing policies.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Still, Bing is a big improvement from its predecessors, in my opinion.
    New Jersey Website Design: We offer services in Web Design, SEO, Website Design, Belmar Web Design
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Google is the best))))))

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky View Post
    the merge isn't really a merge at all. microsoft has been attempting to buy out yahoo for years. yahoo is falling apart and at one point charged for pop access to email. not sure if thats still the case. yahoo first lost geo sites and has done verything they can to keep their stock price just out of reach of ms. it looks more to me that ms has finally gotten their wish but the transition will take time and not be made public till they get the pr squad nice and prepared by small test introductions like this merge.

google has far to many products that work well. 5 microsofts and yahoos combined couldn't kill google.

although the competition is good. google is getting lazy on enforcing tag stuffing policies.
    Just to clarify, Yahoo! does still charge for POP3 access to email. There is a tool called YPOPs (or Yahoo! POPs), however, that will let you use a mail client to send/receive Yahoo! email for free.

They're in a whole lot of trouble, though, just because they are a dinosaur that refuses to get out of the mid-90s both in terms of their service offerings and their corporate mindset. I don't think MS will buy them out unless they can get a pennies on the dollar deal, either...as long as MS has control of search, there really isn't anything there other than possibly the email subscriber base that's of real use to them. The only reason MS has tried in the past is likely because they thought Yahoo! would sell cheap, and they won't.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    This is a very vague question. Are you looking for a subjective or objective answer?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulfshore View Post
    This is a very vague question. Are you looking for a subjective or objective answer?
    Not sure how you are confused. Why don't you give us your answer to both? Subjective and objective.
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Not sure if everyone knows buy Bing is actually just Yahoo. It uses the technology from Yahoo on a new crawler which is put together from the latest Live search engine from 2009.

Whilst I agree that Bing has made up ground, all its really done is taken over the MSN/Live marketshare, and half of Yahoo's...so Google's still much bigger and much better. They need to get the extra services sorted out. Hotmail is pure hell, Gmail is pure heaven. Live is pretty unknown. Everyone knows Google has calendars, mail, blogs, sites, etc. What does Bing have? :/

Google will continue to dominate...and I don't see a problem with that. They certainly never rest on their laurels. They are ALWAYS tweaking and upgrading...as long as they don't stop doing that, they will continue to rule the market.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Google is definitely better but my ranking is better on Bing and Yahoo so everyone should use them.
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    And with that single statement, AK Web Design explained how the vast majority of the Internet web design community evaluates the quality of search. If we rank, search engines are good. If we don't, they suck.
    Webzarus likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads