Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Which search engines is best?

Member #
    Whhich searchengine is best

Google
    yahoo
    bing
    altavista
    ebuzasia

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Altavista's owned by Yahoo and is being closed, so that's out of the race. Never heard of that last one. It's up to personal taste and what you want. For more statistical / math related stuff, I'd go to wolframalpha's site.

All that aside, it sounds like a homework question
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Sounds more like a plug for a search engine no one's heard of than a homework question, but either is possible.

Having said that, I vote for Monkey Search. In order to preserve our natural resources, a team of trained monkeys will execute your search on typewriters without ink and provide you with highly relevant results tailored to the needs of whatever partner they're eating bugs off of at the time.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    what about blekko? isint that supposed to be the google killer?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    So was Cuill. So was Mahalo (although with Mark Cuban backing that, the jury's still out). So was (insert search engine here).

When they actually become a Google killer, then we can talk about it. Until then, it's hype.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    hi!
    google and altavista are the best:glasses:

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Google. I like the simplistic design and how fast it is.
    New Jersey Website Design: We offer services in Web Design, SEO, Website Design, Belmar Web Design
    We are located in Belmar, New Jersey and Collingswood, New Jersey
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    google has the most used

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That's true but Bing is pretty new and seems to be gaining popularity. Google has just dominated for so long that it's impressive that they can gain any ground on Google.
    New Jersey Website Design: We offer services in Web Design, SEO, Website Design, Belmar Web Design
    We are located in Belmar, New Jersey and Collingswood, New Jersey
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Bing's not new. It's been around in various incarnations (e.g. Live Search, MSN Search).

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads