Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sepak Takraw

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    New Jersey Website Design: We offer services in Web Design, SEO, Website Design, Belmar Web Design
    We are located in Belmar, New Jersey and Collingswood, New Jersey
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    They should try that with a bowling ball. It'd be a lot more interesting.

Seriously, that's some hardcore flexibility right there. I go to yoga once a week and I can't even fathom getting my leg up that high, never mind kicking a ball volleyball-style with it. I only just got to the plow position for the first time on Tuesday.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yea, this game looks like it takes some serious flexibility. How long have you been doing yoga? I'm thinking of starting it in a month or two.
    New Jersey Website Design: We offer services in Web Design, SEO, Website Design, Belmar Web Design
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i just love strawberry yoga............... oh, wait. thats yogurt. my bad. :P

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    About 2.5 years, at least once every couple of weeks. I try to go once a week but it isn't always possible.

The key to a good yoga class is the instructor. If the instructor starts talking all hippie and saying things such as "breathe into your kneecaps", stop going to that class because it's just not going to make any sense. If the instructor explains what it is that you're trying to accomplish and tells you how to do it by saying things such as "okay, so we're going to stretch out our lower back by going into a C curve and then into a flat back", that's someone you should stick with. The majority seem to be the former, however, so it may take a few tries before you find a good instructor.

You should also be able to talk to your instructor about any injuries you may have (for example, I have a slightly torn intercostal and a minimally painful inflamed L5) so that (s)he can give you ways to modify your stretches. That's what yoga is when it comes right down to it...it's just stretching. People seem to think it's a bunch of getting in touch with nature and hugging your neighbor and crazy stuff like that, but it's just stretching.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It's included in my gym membership so I'm going to go to that one. From what my girlfriend says, there are 3-4 different teachers.
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Same here. If you've never gone, that will probably be the best option, since the gym usually has at least one "beginner" class. That's what I do...I don't pay for the classes.

Whatever you do, don't try power yoga right away. Work up to it. You really have to prep your hip flexors in particular (nothing quite like that dull pain right near your "boys").

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    what's the difference between regular yoga and power yoga?
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I think you can get power yoga near the drills and routers at Home Hardware...
    Regular, non-power yoga is available from Lee Valley, I think.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    There really isn't a regular yoga as such. There are a whole bunch of different types.

There's basic yoga, or Hatha as it's sometimes called. This is where you get an idea of how you're supposed to stretch things out.

Power yoga is more intense both in terms of muscle use (particularly your core) and to a lesser extent cardiovascular. A number of the poses and moves require a moderate level of conditioning (e.g. rag dolls, alternating between plank and downward dog with increasing speed).

There are a whole bunch of other types, but I've only ever done Hatha, Power and Hot Yoga a couple of times. If you're going to do Hot Yoga, make sure the place has adequate shower and locker facilities. This may seem obvious, but I've been to a place where you couldn't even put a lock on your locker door and there were only two showers in the men's room. The whole open concept was just a tad too naive for my liking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads