Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FireFox 4

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    So it's been officially released now, and i'm wondering what the general feeling is towards the new version from web developers point of view.

I was not apart of any beta testing, so the last 2 minutes is all i've really seen of it so far!
    Upon installation a bunch of extensions are giving version errors, but seem to be working.

Overall I like the new FF! Might even start using it over chrome again

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I never liked Firefox to begin with. Any browser that leaves a 120 MB footprint before loading all the so-called wonderful extensions built by an army of vested-interest volunteers is not something I'm going to use on a regular basis.

I'm just waiting until Google steps up its game and destroys the rest of the competition with future versions of Chrome.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    haha, there's a reason I switched to Chrome as my primary, but I have to admit - after doing some of my own FF testing and using it for the past hour or so, I am impressed. It's much less clunky than before, and seems to be lightning fast!

My only complain is the new user interface. It still needs more streamlining to compete with Chrome's.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I tested a few of the beta versions. It is fast but many of my extensions I use for development were not supported yet. Has that changed? The whole tab thing at the top is kinda weird.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    agreed, I dont like the top tab at all.
    Firebug, FireFTP, colourZilla, adblock, and downthemall are all working perfectly for me. CheckFox is not

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Neither does delicious. That's a show stopper.

cmz
    Member #
    I love Firefox.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmz, post: 201167
    I love Firefox.
    Thanks, I can sleep now. pheeew :cloud9:

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, I'm using it now. I have downloaded it and I'm actually writing this post as we speak.

Really? REALLY? This is what they came up with? Tell me this is the beta version and the real one is going to be rebuilt from the ground up and released to the public. This thing is Netscape 6-ugly and offers no performance increases whatsoever.

Every other browser programming team must be laughing their a$$es off at this. It's almost like they're giving up the #2 browser share to Chrome.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Really? REALLY? This is what they came up with? Tell me this is the beta version and the real one is going to be rebuilt from the ground up and released to the public. This thing is Netscape 6-ugly and offers no performance increases whatsoever.

Every other browser programming team must be laughing their a$$es off at this. It's almost like they're giving up the #2 browser share to Chrome.
    Oh crap. Now I'll have to download it and see what you're talking about.
    (writing this in Chrome)
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads