Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Who watched the Royal Wedding - And why?

I got really bored with all the lead-up coverage, and had decided not to bother with it, but I found myself in front of the "telly" today, despite myself.

I am not a Royal Watcher as a rule - I'm sorta proud to have 'em (the Royals) but I'm not sure why (especially since I am not technically a Canadian). But I love the pomp, the ceremony, the tradition.

So I watched the replay - didn't get up early and dress up - heavens! - but I do love the procession and all, and it was hard to avoid if you had a TV on at all today. So I watched the replay. Gotta love all those gorgeous horses, the hats, the music -I am such a sucker for spectacle and tradition...

That said - if you watched - did anyone notice the loose horse in the procession?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Didn't watch it. DIdn't pay attention to the buildup. Didn't pay attention to any of the media coverage. Wouldn't if you paid me to.

The Royal Family represents a bygone era and one that never made a lot of sense to begin with. "Let's put people in power just because they were born into it." I don't think so.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    You and my husband are totally on the same page - and he's a Brit!

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    My mother's side of the family was British, too. I saw enough of the brainwashing and Coronation Street episodes to ever want any part of it.

Must be an interesting dynamic...a Brit husband and a French wife. There's a war waiting to happen!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Oh, I'm not French - it's much worse - I'm first-generation American from Middle-European (Czech) family tree! I think there may be times when we have disagreements that he blames me for the American Revolution!
    Adding another country to the mix, our daughter is Canadian, born in Ontario.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    So what you're saying is...your family's a UN meeting.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Absolutely!
    And with none of us native French-speakers, it makes living in Quebec even more exciting!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah...you guys have five whole parties to not vote for on Monday instead of our four. I'm assuming you're not fans of the BQ.

I actually wrote "DECLINED" on the ballot at the advance polls for the first time ever because I'm that disgusted with the present crop. Apparently that's not spoiling the ballot, even though there's no official space to do so as such (I wrote it above one of the candidate names).

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I didn't watch it, but I would if you paid me to (or if I were invited!) I don't have much interest in weddings in particular, but I love ostentatious shows of wealth. It's fun to watch people waste money in ways that make others say "WHY?" and imagine all the ways you could do the same lol.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You and I are very different people that way, Steven. I watch people **** away money and just wish they'd give it to me. If they're going to spend it, they may as well spend it on something useful...like helping me!
    AlphaMare likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads