Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Anyone going to join me in a mint julep? ( or three)
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I just watched secretariat for the first time not too long ago, so I have been looking forward to checking it out, I'll bring the mint! LOL
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I was working on the backside of Churchhill Downs in 1973 - I used to go out super early and try to watch them work him (Secretariat). I was on the infield of the track with hundreds of other people, drinking mint Juleps when He won the Derby. I fell so in love with that horse that I quit my job and followed him to see him win the Preakness and the Belmont, making him a Triple Crown winner, the first in 25 years.

If you want, check out the footage of his win in the Belmont - that record has never been beaten.

I love that his last race was here in Canada, the Canadian International Championship stakes, at Woodbine, and he won it.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Cool MA,

Thanks for the footage, he just creamed the field.
    Peace, Mike
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Yeah, I still get goosebumps watching that...

It's hard for me to grasp the fact that I worked the 99th running of the Kentucky Derby, and yet this year it is the 137th running - that is a terrible reminder every year that I'm not getting any younger (worse than my birthday, at least on my birthday I get presents!)

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I actually purchased some mint, had the rest of it in stock. This things taste pretty good, going on the second one, but still like 1 hr and 20some mins to go to post time, I could be feeling no pain by then! LOL

It reminds me of a classic drink from my mother land, the "Mojito"
    Peace, Mike

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I like a good Mijito as much as the next guy (maybe more!) but today is Julep Day.
    Nowadays, you can get mint year-round in the supermarket, but back then (when I left Kentucky for Br-r-r-r! Canada) I had to take steps to make sure I had some on hand!
    Every autumn I put some of the mint from my garden into a pot and grow it on my windowsill all winter, just to be certain to have it for the first Saturday in May.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I have some growing in my back yard, it must have been the last owners of the house, cause I didn't put it there. It smells great when I mow over it, but I didn't trust it, so I visited my nearest grocer. LOL

It looks like mint, and smells like mint, but since I didn't put it there, I was not certain to put it in my drink, Call me stupid.
    Peace, Mike

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Animal Kingdom it is!

So MA, you think this horse has a chance at all three???
    Peace, Mike

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    "Every horse has a chance, just some chances are better than others" - that's a saying I used to hear from one of my trainers when I worked on the track, lo these many moons ago.

I think a lot of whether he'll go all the way to the Crown will depend on if they keep Velasquez on him for the duration or if they want to put Albarado back on him. That will depend, of course, on how fast Albarado recovers from his injuries from Wednesday, but also on what kind of contract they have with the two jocks. Most jockeys at this level are not freelance - they contract with a stable, and are there to ride any horse the trainer puts them on, some contract for just one race meet, some for a specific horse, etc.

I think it is a good idea to keep a winning team together, but it'll be interesting to see what develops.

Till then,
    Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads