Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: email program

Member #
    Please help. I need to use an email prgram that will allow me to have several email accounts open at once. For example info@xxxxx, sales@xxxxxx and a hotmail account. I would basically like to know when I recieve mail. Also Is it possible for several people to have access to one email account from different machines at the same time?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You're probably looking at something along the lines of an Exchange server for this. Yes, something like Outlook or Windows Mail or any other mail client could do this, but if you want to synchronize the sends so that everyone can read them, you're going to need something a little more heavy-duty.

I'm not a fan of Exchange server myself, though. I don't like the 15-minute timer deal. I don't really know what else is out there that can accomplish what you want, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If you can describe the intended purpose of why multiple people need to send receive email from the same account...

I've seen people do this with help desk... I actually setup a web based system... And use the smtp server to send mail... Responses are provided a link to enter their responses via a web interface... Everything is kept in the DB for knowledge base exports... Categorized by the help desk team... Also setup a script to check the account and pull any new emails into the DB...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    As for being able to open multiple accounts... Every decent mail client can do that... Many will allow multiple logins... Web based email clients are best for handling this as they keep the sent mail on the server for everyone to see...

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I really like WIndows Live Mail 2011. (but it only works on vista/7) It's really easy to use, yet it has a lot of functions, and good hotmail integration (of course).

Member #
    The reason I need multiple emails to be visible at the same time is because they are for business. Can you point me towards an easy to use server online in that case please?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I think that decent email client can accomplish that, just use IMAP as your protocol and check the option for leaving a copy of every sent mensage on the server (ion case the software lacks this option or is not working properly, you can move the sent mensages from your local folder to the IMAP folder)
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Cool. Gonna attempt this tomorrow. However, how do I find incoming and outgoing server settings?
    I have chosen to go with outlook express 2007.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    probably gonna be Tools>Options

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iffy83, post: 210753
    Cool. Gonna attempt this tomorrow. However, how do I find incoming and outgoing server settings?
    I have chosen to go with outlook express 2007.
    What you mean?
    you dont knwo where to setup those details on Outlook express 2007?
    OR
    you dont know what you should as incomming and outgoing server setting?
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads