Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    My web designer has given me this link, Host: 209.188.80.164. I dont know what to do with it though? I have typed it into the url bar but i can't see anywhere to log in. Please help

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iffy83, post: 210225
    My web designer has given me this link, Host: 209.188.80.164. I dont know what to do with it though? I have typed it into the url bar but i can't see anywhere to log in. Please help
    Usually you would do it by putting this [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]209.188.80.164/cpanel in the address bar of your browser, but I am getting a warning with that. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]What is your domain name? [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Who is your hosting company?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
    [/COLOR]
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    That looks like one of them temporary links until your domain propagates.
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    airlinktravel.co.uk
    I have hosted with pomdesign.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Didn't you post awhile back about the problems you were having with pomdesign for this same domain?

If you can't get in to your site and due to the warning message I get when trying to even get to the login page, I think you should get in touch with them about your concerns.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Your host's server is likely misconfigured. Try this URL in Firefox:

https://www.pomserve.com

You get this message:
    Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.pomserve.com.
    SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
    (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.
    So...contact POM Design.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    No alphamare, the post a while back was dew to the ownership of the domain name.
    I have spoken to them again and they have indicated this "You have to input these details into an FTP client like FileZilla and then you can connect to the server and drag files to and from it." What do i do here?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    1) Download this program (you can download any other FTP client you like, but in this case, let's follow instructions to the letter.)

2) Input the settings you were given into their appropriate blanks.

3) Use Filezilla the way you would Windows Explorer to copy/paste files to and from your web server.

Trust me when I tell you that you're probably not going to get a clearer explanation than that.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Once again thank you so very much for being so helpful. I really do appreciate how members attend so quickly to problems.
    I have managed to get in no problem but I am in unfamiliar teritory. I'm not sure how to edit the files. I'm presuming that I download the files to my system, edit them and then upload the new files to the server?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iffy83, post: 210514
    Once again thank you so very much for being so helpful. I really do appreciate how members attend so quickly to problems.
    I have managed to get in no problem but I am in unfamiliar teritory. I'm not sure how to edit the files. I'm presuming that I download the files to my system, edit them and then upload the new files to the server?
    That's how I would do it.
    In fact, I would download them and save them in a folder, then name that folder something like OriginalSite and then make a new folder called SiteEdit and copy the files into that as well.
    That way you will always have a copy of the original files in case something gets messed up in the editing.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads