Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Often you dont know exactly what photo your looking for till you see it, sometimes that happens by accident.

What techniques do you use to help you find the correct image, or do you just stumble across it?

Do you think having input from other designers and photographers would help speed this process up?

Member #
    well this will work.
    because when you will change the designers then few good results may pop.
    but its just a risk may be some bad one appear and you agin think that i should use new one.
    what you think about it?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Freed, post: 221066
    Often you dont know exactly what photo your looking for till you see it, sometimes that happens by accident.

What techniques do you use to help you find the correct image, or do you just stumble across it?

Do you think having input from other designers and photographers would help speed this process up?
    I often rely on Google Image search - I can find images there from the paid sites I use and it's quicker than logging in to the sites one at a time and searching them. I find it gives better results as well, probably due to a better search algorithm.
    Once I find an image or images I want to use, then I go to the site and purchase it. It's easy to tell which images are from which sites - even if the watermark isn't clearly visible, the URL is right there.

I have had input from other designers, but it was mainly to point me to paid sites I already knew about. What would be really useful would be to have some input from photographers, but I haven't found any yet who want to deal directly with me for anything comparable to the prices I can get from 123.rf, shutterstock, fotolia, etc.
    I'm willing to pay for custom work but I can't afford $150 for a 1-hour shoot, which is the lowest I've been offered so far.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    It all depends on the project/website you're working on, I've never used the same process twice, but that's just me... Most of my web based projects I get the site owners to find images that they would like included ( I really encourage the site owners to take ownership in the project and be involved in the process as much as possible ), that being said, I have had clients that just didn't have time or resources to be involved...

Invest in a good but not over the top digital camera, take some photos yourself ( it's really not that difficult )... So how do the "professionals" get such great photos? Yes they have an eye for it "composing the shot", but there are many more out there that compensate for this lack of "natural vision", with taking tons and tons of pictures from different angles, different lighting, etc...

Not to insult any photographers out there, but since the digital movement... there are a lot of so called "professional" photographers out there that could never have made it in that industry back when they had to actually pay to process it before they realized the photo was really not that great...

Remove Ads