Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I wonder if anyone is able to help me this odd issue...

I have had my business listed in Google Places for a number of years but recently another business is showing up instead.

Under my address (map location) a completely different business is now displayed, complete with an address which is some kilometres away.

My business logo appears (which I recently uploaded) to my account but all other information belongs to another business.

An important issue here is that the incorrect details (or location showed on the map, depending on how you view it) belong to a direct competitor and no amount of 'report a problem' or contacting Google support illicits a response.

When I log in, I can easily edit my details. Unfortunately, the details of the competitor remain.

How the hell do I rectify this?

Do I have a legal avenue to persue?

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    The first course of action based on what you've done so far is to keep traveling up the support chain ladder. If those at the bottom can''t help you, keep going higher up until you find someone that can. I've seen this before as well. There's a coffee shop that I go to. On yellowbook, the former coffee shop is still listed at the new coffee shop's location.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Since he inclusion was probably automated based on information on the Internet ( I've also seen this ), it will probably just take some time to shake out.

There used to be a way on google maps to submit your business information for inclusion with a post card verification method. They would send a post card to that business address for the information submitted. You would then login with the verification code. Usually takes a couple of weeks to see the data change.

Looks to be a place to enter, edit and report problems with google places on their support site.

Have you also created your own account and entered the correct information ?

Can you verify that someone has not changed it for you ( various reasons ), but I did hear of a disgruntled employee, hacking a restaurants google account a while back entering a competitors name there, then proceeded to enter really nasty reviews at all the restaurant review sites he could find.

Member #
    Thanks for the replies.

I have my own account where I have several entries for clients. I can edit my own details with the usual services, opening times and upload images etc. However, some of the edits appear under someone else's account. I can see his details and title as well as his images and phone number and address but some of my images appear.

Anyway, I still haven't had a response so I might seek legal advice because I'm a bit fed up with it all tbh.

Remove Ads