Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: should i or should I not? read thread before poll voting pleae

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea

1 25.00%
  • Bad idea

3 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I'd like to know what y'all think of this? Yes I'm a junior in high school if it matters.
    Points you may want to consider:
    Pros:
    -More efficient note-taking and other good school-related stuff
    -More interesting school (everything is more interesting when it involves computers)
    -Less boring 2hrs/day on the bus
    -Everybody seems to like me more when I bring a computer to school.
    Cons:
    -Stolen
    -Damaged

Any other points/opinions/experiences are appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Bad idea because people will assume that you're either a know-it-all geek or a wussy art student and use your laptop to beat you up for your lunch money...unless you bag your lunch, in which case they'll beat you up for your lunch.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 223682
    Bad idea because people will assume that you're either a know-it-all geek or a wussy art student and use your laptop to beat you up for your lunch money...unless you bag your lunch, in which case they'll beat you up for your lunch.
    You're thinking of college. In high school, they'll assume you're a snobby rich kid that flaunts his wealth in front of everyone. And the teachers won't be too happy.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    1. What happens to other kids that bring a Mac book pro, will happen to you.

2. If they only seem to like you better when you bring it, maybe you're hanging around the wrong people.

3. Can you afford replacement ?

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    F#ck a Macbook of any sort. I purchased a three year protection plan for nothing. I tend to disagree with theGame on just about everything except his position on the Macs. The OS does run smoother than windows, but Apple is basically supplementing their expenses for all the so call "cool software" by pushing style over substance. Remove the apple logo, slap Samsung on it and the price is reduced dramatically.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Or Sandisk. Or LG. Or (insert competing brand here). Or buy a debranded iWhatever from eBay and see the 10x markup first-hand.

You can't disagree with me, either. That's not allowed. Disagree with George instead.
    George Dolidze likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I think there's a big risk of it being stolen - even with adequate insurance you'd have to wait probably at least 2-3 months before you'd get a new one.

I remember when I was a younger lad, some people broke into the school at night and stole my Media teacher's Mac Book Pro, people will go to great lengths to get them some apple!

Sandisk don't do laptops! (They're mah client, I know dis).
    Mark Gannaway Software Developer

Recent Experiments
    - Backpropogation Neural Network language solving (http://ann.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Animated image to ASCII (http://google.ganners.co.uk/)
    - 3D Paper Characters (http://cybergame.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Anagram solving (http://roflol.co.uk/)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    They do MP3 players, though, which makes them a competitor to the iPod. I know this because I use a Sansa Fuze as my gym MP3 player.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    I hate everything apple ever did except their music players. I've had the second gen nano for about 5 years now, still works like a charm. I disagree with the new ones though, they really started screwing around with technology.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Ask the school district their thoughts on it.

George: Everyone has laptops in college.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads