Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 82
  1. #1
    Member dustedpetalsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    49
    Member #
    29238
    Liked
    12 times
    Just a general question, I'm interested in seeing the most popular way people edit their code / HTML before uploading.

    This is quite embarrassing as I'm sure this is completely 1999, but I still edit and write absolutely everything in Notepad. And it's a real pain in the *** to look at codes on their "lines". If someone says "you need to look at like 14" I am screwed, ha ha.

    So what do you use and what are the pros / cons of your editor?

  2.  

  3. #2
    WDF Staff m3n0tu18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    1,467
    Member #
    28473
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dustedpetalsx, post: 223965
    Just a general question, I'm interested in seeing the most popular way people edit their code / HTML before uploading.

    This is quite embarrassing as I'm sure this is completely 1999, but I still edit and write absolutely everything in Notepad. And it's a real pain in the *** to look at codes on their "lines". If someone says "you need to look at like 14" I am screwed, ha ha.

    So what do you use and what are the pros / cons of your editor?
    Hey, just to say. Nope its not 1999. Using notepad is the best way to code. Dreamweaver adds loads of crazy content and bloats out the coding making it useless.

    Personally I use Notepad ++ as it color co-ordinates divs so you will never really loose track of where that rogue </div> is Also you can have multiple screen views with it. So for instance you can have the html file open and the css file open next to each other in the same program (not opening 2 separate programs)

    =)
    dustedpetalsx likes this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

    Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

    <<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

  4. #3
    Senior Member Ronald Roe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,141
    Member #
    27197
    Liked
    959 times
    Notepad is a great way to learn. m3n0tu's suggestion for Notepad++ is a good one. I used it for a long time.
    I also used Aptana for a while. Aside from Notepad++'s features, it also gives code suggestions.
    I'm using MS WebMatrix right now. It basically takes Aptana's features and adds in a built-in webserver that automatically launches when I open a project. Makes working with PHP way easier.
    dustedpetalsx likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

  5. #4
    WDF Staff m3n0tu18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    1,467
    Member #
    28473
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 223978
    Notepad is a great way to learn. m3n0tu's suggestion for Notepad++ is a good one. I used it for a long time.
    I also used Aptana for a while. Aside from Notepad++'s features, it also gives code suggestions.
    I'm using MS WebMatrix right now. It basically takes Aptana's features and adds in a built-in webserver that automatically launches when I open a project. Makes working with PHP way easier.
    DAMN Webmatrix doesnt support Joomla
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

    Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

    <<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

  6. #5
    Member dustedpetalsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    49
    Member #
    29238
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 223974
    Hey, just to say. Nope its not 1999. Using notepad is the best way to code. Dreamweaver adds loads of crazy content and bloats out the coding making it useless.

    Personally I use Notepad ++ as it color co-ordinates divs so you will never really loose track of where that rogue </div> is Also you can have multiple screen views with it. So for instance you can have the html file open and the css file open next to each other in the same program (not opening 2 separate programs)

    =)
    Ohh! Haha, I know this feeling. Usually I have so many notepads open with different files that I save and upload the wrong one and ruin everything!

    Thanks for the suggestion guys, I'd never heard of this Notepad ++ until now - I shall go and grab it immediately! Nice to know I can stick to good old Notepad but with better features :-) x
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

  7. #6
    Member dustedpetalsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire UK
    Posts
    49
    Member #
    29238
    Liked
    12 times
    Downloaded it - OMG it shows the line numbers! *implode in excitement* Finally ! Haha!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Ronald Roe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,141
    Member #
    27197
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 223979
    DAMN Webmatrix doesnt support Joomla
    Sure does... It'll even install if for you.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

  9. #8
    WDF Staff m3n0tu18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    1,467
    Member #
    28473
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 224008
    Sure does... It'll even install if for you.
    :O! it doessssss!!

    Im looking at Aptana atm. I love it man thanks for the heads up
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

    Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

    <<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

  10. #9
    Senior Member Ronald Roe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,141
    Member #
    27197
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 224035
    :O! it doessssss!!

    Im looking at Aptana atm. I love it man thanks for the heads up
    No prob. I'll tell you: Aptana works really well. The only probs I had with it was that it's geared more toward writing apps, so there's a lot to it you won't even use. May not seem like too big an issue, but being so big makes it load a little slow. Still, it's a great and incredibly useful/powerful IDE.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

  11. #10
    Junior Member magicforce56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3
    Member #
    29895
    I have to use Notepadd++ for my web development class, but personally, I prefer Dreamweaver :P


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

how to use html editor
,
use of html editor
,
what do you use for editing html
,
what do you use for html
,
what do you use html for
,
what editor do you use for html
,

what html editor to use

,
what to use as a html editor
,
what use of html editor
,
which editor to use for html
Click on a term to search for related topics.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com