Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hello!

I suggest to you, site admins, that you add a forum about running web agencies or marketing companies for example.

I think there's much to discuss on that subject. I might be wrong, but it's just a suggestion.

That do you think?

/Your friendly Teapot
    Swedish Web Agency
    I hate that all you Americans are asleep when I'm awake...

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    I was actually thinking of the same exact thing the other day!! We don't have a business forum, but we do have some categories that might be included in business, such as marketing.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Now this could get interesting...

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Yes, a business forum would be a wider topic than just marketing - it could cover managing the office, time-management, hiring, both by contract and permanent staff, firing (always tricky), all sorts of stuff.

veraderock - are you listening? This is a good idea.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Would be nice if we mortals could summon the admins by typing #adminname
    Swedish Web Agency

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTeapot, post: 225741
    Would be nice if we mortals could summon the admins by typing #adminname
    No, you have to chant special spells. You're not high enough level yet.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    The problem I see with this forum is that it's going to be mostly deserted most of the time. Quality business inquiries don't come up too often. We'd also need a mod that knows business very well. I'm planning on majoring in business (marketing) so I might be helpful in a couple of years

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm probably the only one who disagrees with this idea, but I disagree with this idea.

Not because it's a bad idea...it's not. It's a good one. However, the problem with discussion of business concepts is that you run the very real risk of a Warrior Forum-style setup whereby so-called business owner wannabes confuse their $19.95 full-resale-rights-eBook-one-page-get-rich-quick scam of the month with the actual aspects of properly running a business. It's sort of like the SEO forums...you might have a couple of people like say Webzarus, Ronald Roe, and a few others with half a brain trying almost futilely to be reasonable over a large group of generic post spam monkeys.

I think one forum like that's enough myself.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I haven't thought that much about it. Just a suggestion for those of the "higher level" to discuss
    Swedish Web Agency

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 225775
    I'm probably the only one who disagrees with this idea, but I disagree with this idea.

Not because it's a bad idea...it's not. It's a good one. However, the problem with discussion of business concepts is that you run the very real risk of a Warrior Forum-style setup whereby so-called business owner wannabes confuse their $19.95 full-resale-rights-eBook-one-page-get-rich-quick scam of the month with the actual aspects of properly running a business. It's sort of like the SEO forums...you might have a couple of people like say Webzarus, Ronald Roe, and a few others with half a brain trying almost futilely to be reasonable over a large group of generic post spam monkeys.

I think one forum like that's enough myself.
    Well, we could just hide from the stupid people...
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads