Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everyone,

Im a third year BA Hons Interactive Multi media ( web/cd rom/video design) student currently at Huddersfield University. Come November I will have to submit a proposal for a final year project which will have an academic component i.e. I will have to do some kind of research

If you have any suggestions or ideas of suitable multimedia eg. designing a site/cdrom for a charity etc. or you know of an organisation that could benefit from my skills then Id be more than glad to hear from you. Id like to make something worthwhile as opposed to just producing a piece to get my through uni !!

Thanks in advance for reading my posting

Richie
    My interests: I love working with video and would love to work somewhere like Yorkshire TV (one of many possibility) as opposed to building websites all day, not that I mind making websites and Ill probably continue making them but web designers are ten-a-penny. My initial thoughts regarding my project revolved around making/designing something that was a little bit different to what multimedia students produce for projects. This is why I went to see the HCI and psychology of computing lectures within the university.
    Outside of the multimedia world I love cars, or anything technology based or gadget-orientated (yes I know boys and toys!!). So if I could incorporate my personal interests into a multimedia project with enough range to satisfy all the university criteria then Id be made up.
    Uni commissioned me to design a site for 12-16 year olds check out the suspicious death in the healthy living section
    http://www.hud.ac.uk/sas/bugsbodies/

My own site which Ive trailed some video streaming
    http://helios.hud.ac.uk:8888/c0052816/

This is something I produced for the company I worked for it was used on a e-business card and given to delegates at the annual financial management convention in Florida.
    created flash movie on creditscorer homepage
    http://www.creditscorer.com/pages/00_navigation/nav.cfm

Im currently in my own time learning macromedia coldfusion so I could possibly use this in a database driven site.
    Examples of last years projects I would have been happy to have done.

THIS ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD NOT FOR THE SUBJECT BUT FOR THE POSSIBILITIES . I wOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO USE THINGS SUCH AS AFTER EFFECTS, DIRECTOR, PHOTOSHOP ETC TO GET THAT ALL ROUND MULTIMEDIA FEEL

title: Dewsbury in World War II
    suitable for: Multimedia students with a mature client-friendly disposition
    idea: Kirklees Community History Service (a LIVE client) has a requirement to produce either a museum/library exhibition or a schools educational CD-ROM concerning the Home Front in Dewsbury in the second world war. They would like an interactive MM project to bring together archived voice tapes, newspaper clippings and a book on the subject.This is a live client with the Dewsbury curator having time set aside to progress this project. Students will be multimedia based and be able to travel to Dewsbury on a few occasions.

title: Enhancing a company website and utilising video
    suitable for: BA(Hons) Multimedia
    idea: A current company we deal with have a web site that they have had for a few years. They are now adding news items and details regularly but wish for some new graphics and a definite look and feel to be established as they start to substantially develop their site for customers. They are also interested in a virtual tour in a secure area of the site that they can use for potential customers.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This is a half advertisment post an half show off post with a little bit of web design question. You may get banned .
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Mello, please clarify your question.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well mello, my university has a senior project as well.. one of the biggest challenges is coming up with what you're going to do... if someone just told you, there'd be no point.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hi,

If you wanna do research, how about something in multimedia authentication/access control/encryption/watermarking.

I did my senior project, which was about image watermarking using SVD techniques. The project is still going after my graduation, but I'm getting paid for it now.

I just mention it because this area of research is still quite unsaturated.
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Well, I don't really think this is an advertisement post. He may be showing off, but so does everyone else who posts to the "How's My Site" forum. Which then leads me to believe that the problem is that half of this post belongs there... it should have been split into two posts.

As for the "what should I do" problem... if you can't figure it out on your own, maybe you should consider a field that doesn't require creative thinking as an inate skill? Being able to choose a subject for your site given NO criteria will be MUCH easier than having to make something unique and interesting in the context of a client's needs and tastes, which is what you'll have to do on a regular basis and under time constraints once you graduate.

If you're having problems with the creative process, I might suggest a good book for you: "The Do It Yourself Labotomy". A decent guide to opening your mind up to some creative thinking.

Member #
    Thanks everyone with hindsight maybe this wasn't the forum to place this post . As for Grommet Mr graphic designer its a shame you didn't read AND understand my post if i wanted to show off my wares i wouldn't have come here. I am genuine student who gave links to some of the work i had done not for promotion but as an indication of what i can do and for people to suggest areas to explore accordingly and its a real shame that you could be so rude and prejudiced in your thinking if you didn't have something positive to say why say anything at all ??

Remove Ads