Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

i have a website of my own...the Mcafee site advisor was greyed out....it said i need to verify the site...so i went through the proecess i uploaded the file to the webroot folder...it said the site has been verified...
    but now its more than 20 days since then,and my website still has a greyed out mark instead of the green tick...

can some one tell me what might be the issue regarding this...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Verification at that level just means to verify that YOU have access to the site, not that they have actually scanned the code. If they get around to actually scanning the site, it will update.

Site advisor was an attempt to allow web developers voluntarily submit their sites so if potential visitors wanted to check the site against spammer, malware, etc...

It never really caught on as most ofthe major search engines have adopted the same technology, if your site is questionable, most search engines will drop the index. On rare occasions, google will actually put up a warning page to the visitor, but I haven't even seen those since the panda updates.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Try seeing if McAfee has updated code pertaining to your SiteAdvisor mark. You may have something different in your code that's throwing it off.

Like Webzarus said, though, it's not really a seal that's going to do much. Their scanner is weak and flawed (among other things, it can't handle custom 404s well at all) and visitors generally don't pay that much attention to it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads