Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    So today we had our graduation ceremony in college and I was one of those fortunate enough to have earned a degree. It's amazing that this time last month, I was exhausted. A month later with a major accomplishment under my belt and I feel energized. The reality of the reward from many sleep deprived nights is now realized and has become something of a foundation to stand on. While any kind of degree in something may not mean much to some and even less to others, I can't help but feel invigorated and empowered. The world and life has a different meaning today than it did yesterday. How profound is that, and what the hell does that mean anyway?!?!?!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    It means that you're ready to work. Forget what people think about that sheet of paper. Your own empowerment is the most important thing you have toward your career, and if that empowers you, good for ya.
    Being a USAF member, I've been through a number of leadership courses. You want to know the most common theme among them? Empowerment. There is no more powerful motivator.
    Go out there and get it, whatever "it" is.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    USAF huh, well Mr. Ronald Roe let me be the first to say thank you for the service and sacrifice to this country. And that has to be the most inspirational and motivational reply I've read in this forum. Yes I am ready to work at what I love doing which is of course awesome web design stuff.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Woooo! Congrats mister educated man. Go drop some knowledge on people and make some pocket lining
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisHPZ, post: 227188
    USAF huh, well Mr. Ronald Roe let me be the first to say thank you for the service and sacrifice to this country.
    It's been a pleasure, thank you.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I was looking at other colleges to get a Bachelor's out of and one of which that had my attention raised their tuition to $14K a semester. 3 semester's per academic year ='s $42K a year. Another 2 years to get the damn BA degree and well I'm not going to do the math all the time. It's no wonder that Americans aren't to enthusiastic about higher education. Christ Almighty, with that kind of money, I could buy 2 small houses for myself as I'm single and I don't live extravagantly.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Congrats! I haven't attained higher education yet, but will be soon. The high costs are aggravating, but the different doors that open when you finally do attain some form of a higher education is, to me, all the while worth it.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikiibaii, post: 227445
    Congrats! I haven't attained higher education yet, but will be soon. The high costs are aggravating, but the different doors that open when you finally do attain some form of a higher education is, to me, all the while worth it.
    You can apply for financial help right?
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 227478
    You can apply for financial help right?
    Mm, just scholarships, because I'm entering an overseas university, and the country's rather strict with their scholarships, financial help, etc.

Remove Ads