Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Research

Member #
    Hi all,
    Hopefully this is the right section, I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I am currently a university student and for my final year project I am going to create a website using Adobe Flash including the login/register page. If you have time I would appreciate if you could complete a survey for me.
    http://app.fluidsurveys.com/surveys/kishen/web-design/
    I am going to research human computer interaction and was hoping with the research and the results from the questionnaire I would get some sort of idea for the perfect design.
    Thanks.
    Kish

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Good luck on that, I've been a student and practitioner or web interaction for a very long time, no such thing as a perfect design.

When it comes to people's interaction with web interfaces, there are way too many variables to consider, and within each variable, ther are many more sub variables that can't even have what many consider a valid classification.

I've built hundreds of applications and the closest I've come is where everything is a selection, every field is populated from a db so users cannot modify input, only select it. In the real world, that is almost impossible.

I must also question the use of flash ? Was that a choice of yours or an instructor. Either or, makes no matter. I will tell you that by using flash, you will already be limiting your usability.
    I'm on an iPhone and would not be able to see or use it.

Good luck

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Took the survey. If you want a good example of a registration page, see Tumblr.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Thanks for the responses guys, I picked Flash because ever since I started using it I loved it, I can make good animations and thought if I can learn a bit of action script I might be able to make a full website, I know you can use CSS or jQuery to make the same effect but it's always something I wanted to do, hope that makes sense!

Tumblr is a good example, want to do a similar design but make it more interactive.

Thanks again for the help.

Remove Ads