Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I used to use the php code "include" but that can no longer be used. I'm looking for a better way including one page from one of my sites into another.

One problem I have with using an iframe is that it does not link to the real page. I want a link to go to the actual page it is linked to.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Don't understand " can no longer be used ", why ?

Includes are typically intended for using information or pages from within your current site, or at least if you know the full physical path, the same server.

Ias for iframes, they are pretty specific, they only load the page you tell them to load. If you point it at pagea.htm , it displays pagea.htm ... It displays whatever the server sends. That being said, many site owners have started employing tactics to keep other sites from calling and displaying content on their sites while trying to make it look like it came from their site.

One would be to check where the request came from, if it's not referred from within their own site, then they may display different content.

Like any other technology on the web, there are always some that try to use it to make their sites look better, without much effort.

What most don't realize, is that the content from iframes have absolutely bearing on how search engines see them. Search engines ignore iframes and the content that is called into them.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 228738
    Don't understand " can no longer be used ", why ?

Includes are typically intended for using information or pages from within your current site, or at least if you know the full physical path, the same server.
    You asked a question then you answer the question. It "has" to be on the same site. php used to allow you to add a page from a totally different site. If I have the site site1a.com and I want to "include" site2b.com/newpage.htm I can't do it with include ('http://site2b.com/newpage.htm') like I used to in older versions of php.

Remove Ads