Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    I thought to ask about a website in particular ( http://skyrimsearch.com/cells.php ). I was wondering, for the search function, what kind of script is the site using?

I was thinking the site is using some kind of database (like a spreadsheet) to get the information. But, how it is able to pull the information out, (search for sword, shows all swords Not sticks, etc.)

I appreciate the help.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    The answer is in the url. It's using PHP. The form submits to a PHP script that searches the site's database against the given parameters and search terms
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    There are some php scripts that will actually search all the text on every page of a site ( even if they are static pages ) between the <body> tags... But they are pretty hit or miss...

A db would handle it better, especially if the page contents are already in the db. Worst case ( even a static site ), you could setup a db with keywords, categories and content and links back to the pages, then just do a simple query against the db for your search terms and output them to a page.

Remove Ads