Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    for a computer repair shop.
    I work at Renew Computers (renewcomputers.com) and I'd rather not make it completely from scratch. I'm thinking of running it from a locally hosted server on site at Renew rather than online.
    I'm probably just going to customize osTicket as I like it, but is there anything more tailored to the purpose. And yes it has to be free thanks!
    P.S. damn I haven't been here in a while lol...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    probably your best bet... if you're familiar...

I use spiceworks at several client locations... it has a help desk... but it's more geared toward enterprise monitoring and management...

I also built several small "reporting" systems... basically an online form that clients enter their needs in... If I can remote in and fix... when I respond to the issue... I go back, put in actions taken.. and the system sends them an email... and also saves it to a searchable DB

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    OK, here's the thing. I gathered some more information as far as what would be required. Thing is, they need to keep a list of customers, and then assign service tickets to customers.
    So, if for example, Tester Person came in, and never had their computer fixed by us before, he would put his name, phone number, email(optional) in, and then that would add him to the list. Then he puts his computer type, model, the problem he is having, any passwords we need, etc. Then, Randomguy Two comes in, and he has been there for service at least once before. He types in Randomguy Two, it confirms his phone number and email, then he puts in computer type, model, the problem he is having, any passwords we need, etc.
    Sounds complicated and I don't think osTicket could do it.
    A new suggestions maybe?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I don't know osticket per say... But that's exactly what any generic service ticket system should do... On top of that ... Once the person is in the system... They should be able to preview each ( if more than 1 ), incident or issue they have ever put it... Again, sounds exactly what any generic issue system should handle...

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I love osticket, except for one thing: tickets are tracked by email and ticket id, NOT by account.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I'm going to try SugarCRM community edition it's free

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Check all of these out that are simple and cheap solutions that work really good (have used some in the past): http://codecanyon.net/search?utf8=%E...=ticket+system

Remove Ads