Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Practicing for a web design interview and I'm trying to answer "Tell me about a suggestion you made that was implemented."

I have some ideas and would like to know if I'm heading in the right direction.

I would like to mention several project-related suggestions I made during my final academic project. Here are some ideas:

1. Creating the mock-up for our site and discussing it with my teammates.
    2. Explaining to a teammate how to edit in WordPress (the platform we chose to design the client's site)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'd answer the question differently, although how you implement my logic is going to depend on what you did.

"Client wanted to create a custom registration, so I used WordPress and the Custom Registration Plugin from DiddlyDork Software to create the form."
    AlphaMare likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Yeah you need to just answer the questions on the run, If you're not confident in yourself you can't expect anyone else to be confidence in you.

Practice being confidence in your knowledge and be prepared for all question that might through at you.

Google some practice questions.
    I run a local SEO & Web Designer. Business Web Designs

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 236223
    ... DiddlyDork Software ..."
    I think I own some shares in that company...
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If you actually get a question like that .... First pose the "issue" of problem that you identified a solution or suggestion for... Then discuss the suggestion and implementation... Then discuss the impact that the implementation had on the site and or if any other changes were needed in reference to the first change.

Employers are not just looking for stock employees... Like the stock question you asked...

They don't want people just making suggestions for "whatever reason"... There needs to be a purpose...

In corporate mumbo-jumbo speak... Your bring up "opportunities".... Which include the problem and a possible solution... That you are willing to address... Otherwise... If all you do is point out problems... The ones solving them are going move up the ladder... And you'll still be at the bottom screaming about all the problems...

Since you're just coming out of school, expect more about what your focus was on while in school... Currently most schools I'm aware of that deal with anything web design is about 2 years back in technology... But occasionally, some take it on themselves ( initiative ), to push the envelope in their curriculum... and projects utilize some of the newer technologies.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    2 years? Maybe in the States...around here, I still know of schools that teach FrontPage.

http://www.traincanada.com/ViewDates...word=frontpage

There's the "advanced" course. I'm not even going to mask the URL because I'd love for these guys to see it and try to rationalize it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads