Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i uploaded my site through core FTP and when i try to access it in the browser it does not display this what i get
    below i need your advice

Austin

Index of /

Parent Directory/ - Directory
    ojatech/ 2012-Jul-07 12:37:40 -
    Directory

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Hard to say since you didn't include a link to your site. But I'm guessing since you haven't encountered this before, you're going to have a site that's HTML-based.

So...try renaming your home page to the following (one at a time, until you get it to work):

index.htm
    index.html
    default.htm
    default.html
    Default.htm
    Default.html

I can't think of any other home page names off the top of my head.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Some hosting providers I've run into in the past do... Create a basic homepage for parking until the user uploads some files...

But if you're getting the "parent" directory listing ... That typically means that you didn't put the files on the root of your site... A web server is setup to serve files... Most don't allow directory browsing if ther is no default page... But if your files were there, you should at least see a list of files...

Double check oh FTP file path and make sure you're uploading to the root .

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by web3601, post: 238638
    i uploaded my site through core FTP and when i try to access it in the browser it does not display this what i get
    below i need your advice

Austin

Index of /

Parent Directory/ - Directory
    ojatech/ 2012-Jul-07 12:37:40 -
    Directory
    Here is the link
    http://ojatech.com.ng/

am waiting to hear from you thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    http://ojatech.com.ng/ojatech/

Looks like you put everything into the ojatech/ folder. Move it up one level. Instead of uploading everything to /ojatech/, upload it to /.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads