Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Well, it was actually and attack on them.

I feel sorry for their customers but we have no use for GD in this office.

They've been going and coming so maybe they can get the issue resolved soon for their customer.

I'm sure it's costing a lot of people a lot of money with business sites with them.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-575...parent-attack/
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Attachment 2584Attachment 2585
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    They're going and coming so maybe they're getting it all to working again. This lets you know, no matter how big or small you are, you can get attacked and shut down.
    Bleau

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Yeah they've been up and down all day
    Even with tons of people working for them and so much equipment and infrastructure, they are still vulnerable, it's astounding! Just shows that nothing is truly secure and fail-proof.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Huge difference between a company being hacked and a distributed denial-of-service attack, HUGE.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired, post: 241238
    Huge difference between a company being hacked and a distributed denial-of-service attack, HUGE.
    Yup. That's why I said that no fail-safes are 100% perfect

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This is one of the funniest things I've seen.

I have a now-former client who basically trashed every decision I made, told me I was an idiot for picking Sectorlink as a hosting company, and how stuff never went down with GoDaddy and how his site was going to be so much better.

CHOKE ON YOUR DOWNTIME AND ENJOY THE SEVENTH LAYER OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL HELL, B!TCH.
    Design-GalInc likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Been there before also. We do NO business with GD. When we get a new client and they tell us their domain and hosing is with GD we give them this option. Move your domain and hosting to a reputable host and registrar or we can recommend you several other design companies. We've yet to have anyone turn us down when we give them the reasons why.
    Design-GalInc likes this.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired, post: 241238
    That was a copy and paste from a developer friend in Ukraine I posted so no pun intended.
    Bleau

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Most didn't / don't realize that if they are not using some sort of nameserver failover, all sites are at risk of what happened yesterday.

Although most of my clients use some godaddy service, none of them had more than a 15 minute interruption yesterday.

I don't think godaddy will ever publicly announce what happens to them, ( for obvious reasons ), but the bigger picture is "what if someone takes an issue with your current provider, registrar ?

The guy "claiming" responsibility for what happend, and the references to why he did it ( SOPA ), indicates it was not an easy task, and probably spent months on finding a way into their systems.

Either way, you can bet, whomever did what to them, won't happen anytime in the near future, but was that a targeted attack on just them for reasons reported? or was it a test run before they repeat it on hundreds of other providers ?

I've got all my failovers in place and they worked as planned yesterday. Do you ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads