Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Print Papers

Member #
    Recycled Yes
    Acid free Yes or no?
    Finish None

Does Acid-Free and No Acid-Free matter for printing purposes?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Acid free has more to do with logivety more than anything. If you want something to look the same in 5 years make sure it's acid free. Anything that's not will turn an ugly yellow color. In our frame shop this is the biggest reason people get things re-framed. You CANNOT put a piece of artowork on a cardboard, it will ruin it gaurenteed. People always come in wondering why mats turn yellow, or their piece is fading - and using non-acid-free papers is why.

As far as what paper to use.. it depends on the application. For any proposals, reports, etc I use just regular brilliant white 24lb paper. It just feels more professional when the paper is whiter and thicker. Makes people think you care about what you're doing.

But for every application comes a differnt medium. I once put together an artist's portfolio made on canvas paper.. it's the coolest stuff. Looks like canvas and has the texture, but you can print on it just fine. It made his portfolio look awsome if you ask me. So.. what are you printing?
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    It is an ad I am putting around (hehe I'm a solicitor).

It will be on for about a good week or less and the paper might be revealed to sun exposure. Would the color of the paper change within a day or two (is about 80 degrees)?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It has more to do with the amount of sun they'd be getting... and if you're using white paper - no. if it's a darker color the color will fade if left in the sun for a day or two. I suggest you get some samples of paper (any good print-shop will let you take a few pieces of paper to try out) print out some things on them and leave them in the sun to see what happens.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Remove Ads