Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Unpaid WDF Intern TheGAME1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Not from USA
    Posts
    14,485
    Member #
    425
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ecustis, post: 242239
    Sorry but you ramble way too much without actually taking the time to read thoroughly. The Facebook page does have posts, and if you knew anything about Facebook pages, you would know to click on the "about" section to read information about the site. Honestly, do you just type whatever comes to mind without any support to back it up? You just repeated the same thing you said earlier without even understanding what I said to you.

    I'm done posting in this thread, waste of time, honestly. Thanks for the "help" but no thanks.
    And how do you think I discovered the dead site link? It's on the About page. If you knew anything about your Facebook page, you'd have known that.

    I understand exactly what you said to me...and I understand exactly why it will fail, because I've seen it fail, as has WZ. But if you want to know why else this will fail, it's because you refuse to listen to that which you don't want to hear.

    No problem, though. Have fun in the gutter.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

    My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

  2.  

  3. #12
    Junior Member ecustis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    28
    Member #
    32589
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 242245
    And how do you think I discovered the dead site link? It's on the About page. If you knew anything about your Facebook page, you'd have known that.

    I understand exactly what you said to me...and I understand exactly why it will fail, because I've seen it fail, as has WZ. But if you want to know why else this will fail, it's because you refuse to listen to that which you don't want to hear.

    No problem, though. Have fun in the gutter.
    Actually, the link is posted in many of places. It's not only in the "About" section of the Facebook page. But, then again, you will intend to throw any "information" out you can to try and support your previous knowledge-lacking statement.

    As for listening to "what I don't want to hear", as I've stated previously, I know how this works. I know exactly where you two are coming from. And again, as I've stated previously, you came across it with the wrong idea in mind and made conclusions way too early.

    Please stop posting in this unless you have anything different to say.

    As for the rest of the forums, 57 likes, we're getting there, thanks for the support!

    Eric

  4. #13
    Unpaid WDF Intern TheGAME1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Not from USA
    Posts
    14,485
    Member #
    425
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well, if we've "made conclusions way too early", suppose you present us with something that actually illustrates something different. But hey, you want knowledge and facts? Here you go.

    FACT: Your Facebook page has two posts.
    FACT: It was created Monday.
    FACT: There's a link in the About Us section that doesn't work.
    FACT: The reason it doesn't work is because, as you stated, the site isn't launched yet.
    FACT: People have failed in the past with the giveaway logic.
    FACT: I've worked on sites similar to what you're describing in the past (as in giveaway/prize sites), all of which have failed because the user base was interested in the prizes and nothing more, which meant that they didn't ultimately interact in the manner in which they were supposed to (not a design issue, either, before you go there...this was the nature of the sites).
    FACT: If I wanted to, I could have removed your Facebook page link as it can be interpreted as a violation of forum rules.

    So if you're going to state that we're lacking knowledge (as in WZ and I), give us the knowledge. We've pointed out to you where and how it will probably fail. Show the rest of us why your idea is actually worth a damn. You'll probably either rant, rave, or call me an idiot (or words to that effect), but if you're serious...really serious...about your site, this shouldn't be a problem for you.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

    My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

  5. #14
    Junior Member ecustis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    28
    Member #
    32589
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 242249
    Well, if we've "made conclusions way too early", suppose you present us with something that actually illustrates something different. But hey, you want knowledge and facts? Here you go.

    FACT: Your Facebook page has two posts.
    FACT: It was created Monday.
    FACT: There's a link in the About Us section that doesn't work.
    FACT: The reason it doesn't work is because, as you stated, the site isn't launched yet.
    FACT: People have failed in the past with the giveaway logic.
    FACT: I've worked on sites similar to what you're describing in the past (as in giveaway/prize sites), all of which have failed because the user base was interested in the prizes and nothing more, which meant that they didn't ultimately interact in the manner in which they were supposed to (not a design issue, either, before you go there...this was the nature of the sites).
    FACT: If I wanted to, I could have removed your Facebook page link as it can be interpreted as a violation of forum rules.

    So if you're going to state that we're lacking knowledge (as in WZ and I), give us the knowledge. We've pointed out to you where and how it will probably fail. Show the rest of us why your idea is actually worth a damn. You'll probably either rant, rave, or call me an idiot (or words to that effect), but if you're serious...really serious...about your site, this shouldn't be a problem for you.
    It just seems there is no getting through to you. As much as I could explain everything to you, it seems as if you just won't let anything go until we all bow and agree on how correct you are. How about I post results to you after we hit the 1000 like mark and we'll take it from there. Frankly, I just don't see what the point of wasting this time trying to convince you on "how good my idea is".

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 242249
    So if you're going to state that we're lacking knowledge (as in WZ and I), give us the knowledge.
    Also, don't bring other people into this. I said nothing about WZ jumping the gun and making conclusions. Here, I'll quote myself just in-case you skipped over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecustis
    "As for listening to "what I don't want to hear", as I've stated previously, I know how this works. I know exactly where you two are coming from. And again, as I've stated previously, you came across it with the wrong idea in mind and made conclusions way too early."
    "I know exactly where you two are coming from" - Directed to you and WZ
    "And again, as I've stated previously, you came across it with the wrong idea in mind and made conclusions way too early." - Directed to you. (As I said, "as I've stated previously", I don't believe I stated that WZ made conclusions too early, previously, which makes this "you", singular)

    Quote Originally Posted by ecustis
    "No I understand that side of things, but unless you understand the point behind the website than you can't make those assumptions, in which the game obviously did."
    Which in conclusion states that I was only referring to you, the game, as jumping to conclusions.

    This shows your reading skills and how much time you actually take before posting, which is why I refuse to waste anymore time. If you reply with some more "I'm right, you're wrong and that's the truth" type comments, I will not be replying.

    Since this post is nothing but foolishness and doesn't really serve much purpose, I request it be closed.

    Eric

  6. #15
    Senior Member Webzarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Carolina Coast
    Posts
    3,322
    Member #
    27709
    Liked
    770 times
    Well, I've already stated ( BTW... I have't clicked on the link or like either ), this type of bribe people for likes just never works out.

    Broken down to COST cause that's what all this about is the bottom-line.

    One client of mine spent more than $1000 promoting his business website by using this, traceable business that he actually got from it was a lot less. He spends the same amount on google Adwords, he has gotten in excess of 10 times return on his investment, why ? Quite simply, google Adwords are targeted at specific markets and specific keywords, when people actually click on the links they have a vested interest in the business. ( I have yet to meet a person that says "hey, I think I'll go click on some ads and see where thy take me ).

    No, not everyone converts and becomes a customer, currently it's around 40% which in this game ( no pun intended ), is great.

    If you're offering a chance ( just a chance ) , you're not attracting visitors that might actually interact with your site, your attracting people for a CHANCE at winning something.

    This scheme ( cause that's what it is ), was dreamed up by an "old school marketing" person where "the numbers" mean everything. Problem is, on the web, the only number that really counts is the % of conversions . Period. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Old school marketing was nothing more than saturate and get it in front of as many people as possible. ( kind of like spam ), send it to 10 million people, if 1 person buys you still come out ahead. Spam would be more successful than this, because spammers have only their time invested, no money.

    Web marketing is best when it's targeted, but if you can't define your market, then I guess you gotta pull out the old shot gun approach... Put a little lipstick on it and call it a "promotion", whatever.

    Bottom line is, you gotta get visitors to interact with your site to make money, and I e seen it time and time again, the gift card thing is a gimmick, been around a while, people are getting wary of it and will eventually treat those offers just like they treat spam, ignore them and hope they go away.

    Unless you have some actually statistics from a real company that says, i got 1000 likes on my face book page, I only paid out $200 in gift certificates and I got $1000 in business... Unless you can show me where a company has actually been successful in the model, I'm NOT a believer because I have first hand knowledge of the opposite effect , 5000 likes costing roughly $1000 and generated less than $100 in sales that could be directly related to the whole campaign.

    I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the facts as I've seen and experienced them.

    If you have proof of something different ill be more than happy to look at it,but I suspect most people that fail miserably are not running around talking about it, but wouldn't you think if this were a successful campaign strategy, everyone would be talking about it and how great it is ( with exception to the blogs that are affiliates to the gift card companies ).

    Granted, there is always the exception, who knows, maybe you'll pull it off, but the odds are stacked heavily against you.

  7. #16
    Junior Member ecustis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    28
    Member #
    32589
    Liked
    9 times
    WZ, I completely understand your side of this "argument". I know what the drawbacks are, but like I said last post, I will give results once we hit 1000 likes and we can go from there. Arguing over this now is just pointless.

    I will record how many likes (if any) we lose once we give away each gift card.

    I appreciate the concern and information as always,

    Eric

  8. #17
    Senior Member Webzarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Carolina Coast
    Posts
    3,322
    Member #
    27709
    Liked
    770 times
    I didn't know I was arguing, I was simply stating facts with first hand knowledge of everything I spoke.

    My opinions were clearly labled as opinions.

    Personally I could care less if you proceed with this or not, I was just sharing personal experince and insight.

    If you want to do that and you fall flat on your face, so be it, and I won't even tell you I told you so.

    From re-reading this post, its you who has been doing all the arguing about doing this and dismissing us as arrogant, fools.

    Funny thing is, we are not the ones asking for people to "like" or Facebook page, perhaps if you had approached this discussion in a different manner, you might have 2 more likes, well, no probably not.

    Good luck

  9. #18
    Senior Member Webzarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Carolina Coast
    Posts
    3,322
    Member #
    27709
    Liked
    770 times
    BTW... I saw your post immediately after you made it, and I had the same conclusions as TheGame, I just chose to ignore the post and hoped one of the mods would delete the post as self-promotional spam ( which is against the rules here on this forum )....

  10. #19
    Junior Member ecustis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    28
    Member #
    32589
    Liked
    9 times
    Yeah yeah, go ahead and try to turn everything around, even though the game was the one who brought this entire thing up. I wasn't asking for any "advice" or "marketing strategies" but was preached and scolded (by what seems to be internet security) about how useless my facebook marketing "strategy" was. I never asked for any opinions or comments/suggestions, so I don't know why this entire thing started anyway.
    As for one of the mods deleting it for being self-promotional spam (Which I do apologize for, I did not know that was against the rules) I have been asking for this thread to be closed for some time now and have also asked for you two to stop posting on it. So, any mods out there, feel free to close or remove this thread; it's nothing but junk now.

  11. #20
    Senior Member Webzarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Carolina Coast
    Posts
    3,322
    Member #
    27709
    Liked
    770 times
    Well, I guess that's 2 things you now know.

    1. Self promotional spam is against the rules

    2. TheGame is a moderator

    There's really only 1 reason someone would ask for a thread to be closed, and it usually doesn't happen in most cases.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com