Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you're making money off the site (or intend to), you can't.
    If you're not, you can.

For a little more perspective on the topic, you should check out http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2013/...photographers/ . It doesn't totally clear up your question, other than give you a bit of perspective from the other side of the coin.

Since WZ posted a disclaimer, I too will post one...neither I nor the owner of PT (Jonathan Bailey) are lawyers either. I'm just a fan of what Jonathan brings to the table, and he's helped me out with a situation I had with a client involving copyrighted images. So take what we say as intended help, but not binding help. Again, no one here is a lawyer and there is no substitute for talking to one, no matter how much the bill is for.

One other thing you should be aware of, assuming you're in the States, is the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act). The layman's definition of it is that if you are hosting infringing materials, then the copyright holder has the right to demand you remove them and can have any infringing material removed from Google (I think Bing too, but I've never actually seen it removed from Bing whereas I have from Google), can contact your host if it's DMCA-compliant and have it removed from there or your site shut down, and I think there are other things they can do. Have a look at the stock letters on the PT site as well...it'll give you an idea of the other side.
    Webzarus likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well, it's not often you get something conclusive on a topic like this without talking to a legal beagle, but here it is:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...90E11P20130115
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Webzarus, that was really great of yours to share all that information. I am a newbie in this field and recently started my blogs. That information will sure come handy!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Be sure to give Webzarus credit on all of your blogs for the information he has supplied here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads