Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    NYC-based web development and technology firm of expert developers who leverage the latest technologies to solve any challenge ranging from eCommerce to Content Management Systems.

This candidate would possess a strong expertise in user design and ease of use of websites.

Requirements:
    - Hands-on UI expert and be responsible for delivering all aspects of the interaction components of the design from concept to collaborating with engineering teams on implementation.
    - Developing new approaches to complex design problems and the ability to convey these designs in the form of wireframes, comps or design specifications
    - Advise and engage on front-end interaction options to develop applications
    - Develop wireframes for use by the engineering teams building applications that keep in mind the user and our interaction design goals
    - Provide backup to visual designer position when needed

[EDIT: Link removed by TheGAME1264. If anyone's interested, please contact reamplify directly.]

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This actually sounds a whole lot better than it is. I smell a big rat here.

But rather than expose the rat myself, what I'm going to do is allow others the opportunity to spot the issues and I'll back the ones I see. WZ, I'm looking in your direction because I'm sure you'll see something.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hi TheGAME1264 - I appreciate your comments and can assure you that this is the exact job description I was given by my client. This role is very real and will fill quickly with the right person.

As this is my first encroachment into your realm, I am open to discussions, comments, suggestions, etc... :coffee:

All the best,
    Michael
    Michael[at]reamplify[dot]me

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay...like I said, I'm just waiting to see if anyone else wants to call you out.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hi TheGAME1264,

Please elaborate on the issues you see and/or have a problem with.

Best,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 250497, member: 428
    Okay...like I said, I'm just waiting to see if anyone else wants to call you out.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Sorry, really hectic day..

But this isn't just corporate speak... This is wannabe corporate speak...

No actual definition of who you are, what you do, or what actual skills you require anyone responding to possess.

I once responded to a position posted ( just to see if I could get an interview ), but they were rambling on like this because.... They ( the person that posted it ), really didn't have a clue what they were looking for.

2 weeks later I see the same position posted, only this time... They took my skill sets ( verbatim ), and posted them as actual requirements.

So it turns out, they were told to hire a director of e-commerce... But they didn't have a clue what was actually required or skills needed to do the job... They post garbage like this to get some resumes ... To determine the skill sets needed ...

Funny thing... I was only doing it to see if I could get an interview.. I didn't.... And the place closed their doors 2 years later .... Because the company failed... I would have to say in part due to the fact that the people they had running the show... Really didn't have a clue... And this is the way they ran their business in the ground... By faking it.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well, for once you and I aren't on the same path, WZ.

But here's what I was thinking:

1) You cross-posted the same thing to several forums:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22N...w=1835&bih=995

And in every one of those forums, you linked to a job posting site that most people wouldn't have heard of. Not a Monster or a Workopolis or the company site itself, but something called theresumator.com.

Funny thing is that a similar post, albeit with horrible formatting, is on this job board and appears to be in Morrisville, NC

http://www.donanza.com/jobs/p9069411...ui_ux_designer

So either you copied/pasted a job description as WZ suggested because you and your "client" have no idea what you want, or you don't even have a client and are looking to capitalize on the DoNanza affiliate program. Either way, that's pretty weak. Now, it's possible that you just posted on multiple job boards as well, but why would you give a cut to DoNanza when you don't have to?

I'm thinking option 2, Why? Point 2.

2) The reamplify.me site is a wix.com site. That means you needed/wanted to build something with the minimum amount of effort, and of course you list all the "jobs" from theresumator.com.

3) Your site also lists real estate listings for sale (which has no correlation with jobs) and if someone wants info, they're to email you at Rutenberg Realty. So what we're supposed to believe is that you're a real estate agent who also happens to have clients looking for jobs, so you're going to fill that role too. In the meantime, you also attend all of these wonderful social events and you're willing to produce events...y'know, because producing events is something someone can easily do in their spare time (by the way, I've worked with an event management company for over half of my life and I'm 36).

Come on, man. Seriously? You can't expect us to swallow that. The only problem with what you're proposing is that it's so ridiculous that you can't possibly argument.

Member #
    Okay - an apology is due because you obviously fell victim to the classic "bait-n-switch" tactic pulled off by many sly and sneaky recruiters (although this tactic was originated by Real Estate agents - I should know, I am one and sometimes do that myself) - :banghead:

But - this is not one of those ads... It's pretty simple really...
    My client builds websites and needs a web designer to join their team of 30 (and growing - less than two years ago, they were only 10 people).
    I actually went into much more depth than I probably should have.

With regards to your issue about a lack of definition - I would rather not divulge company data without a direct phone conversation.

If you are interested in speaking, I have a block open tomorrow at around 3pm.

Hope to talk to you soon! :showoff:

Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 250522, member: 27723
    Sorry, really hectic day..

But this isn't just corporate speak... This is wannabe corporate speak...

No actual definition of who you are, what you do, or what actual skills you require anyone responding to possess.

I once responded to a position posted ( just to see if I could get an interview ), but they were rambling on like this because.... They ( the person that posted it ), really didn't have a clue what they were looking for.

2 weeks later I see the same position posted, only this time... They took my skill sets ( verbatim ), and posted them as actual requirements.

So it turns out, they were told to hire a director of e-commerce... But they didn't have a clue what was actually required or skills needed to do the job... They post garbage like this to get some resumes ... To determine the skill sets needed ...

Funny thing... I was only doing it to see if I could get an interview.. I didn't.... And the place closed their doors 2 years later .... Because the company failed... I would have to say in part due to the fact that the people they had running the show... Really didn't have a clue... And this is the way they ran their business in the ground... By faking it.

Member #
    I did post the job on multiple forums.
    I have no affiliation with North Carolina.
    My site was created via Wix - I built it myself and really tried to capture the essence of "Work, Live, Play" -
    You should check out theresumator.com - it's a very valuable platform for recruiters.
    And you are correct about what I do. I help people find better places to work, live, and play in NYC with roles across the country.

If you click on my logo, you can find my contact information with all of my social links.
    You are welome to connect.

- Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 250526, member: 428
    Well, for once you and I aren't on the same path, WZ.

But here's what I was thinking:

1) You cross-posted the same thing to several forums:

https://www.google.com/search?q="NYC-based web development and technology firm of expert developers who leverage the latest technologies to solve any challenge ranging from eCommerce to Content Management Systems"&rlz=1C1AVSX_enCA416CA416&aq=f&oq="NYC-based web development and technology firm of expert developers who leverage the latest technologies to solve any challenge ranging from eCommerce to Content Management Systems"&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q="NYC-based web development and technology firm of expert developers who leverage the latest technologies to solve any challenge ranging from eCommerce to Content Management Systems"&safe=active&rlz=1C1AVSX_enCA416CA416&filt er=0&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.aWc& fp=afb225db6525d27b&biw=1835&bih=995

And in every one of those forums, you linked to a job posting site that most people wouldn't have heard of. Not a Monster or a Workopolis or the company site itself, but something called theresumator.com.

Funny thing is that a similar post, albeit with horrible formatting, is on this job board and appears to be in Morrisville, NC

http://www.donanza.com/jobs/p9069411...ui_ux_designer

So either you copied/pasted a job description as WZ suggested because you and your "client" have no idea what you want, or you don't even have a client and are looking to capitalize on the DoNanza affiliate program. Either way, that's pretty weak. Now, it's possible that you just posted on multiple job boards as well, but why would you give a cut to DoNanza when you don't have to?

I'm thinking option 2, Why? Point 2.

2) The reamplify.me site is a wix.com site. That means you needed/wanted to build something with the minimum amount of effort, and of course you list all the "jobs" from theresumator.com.

3) Your site also lists real estate listings for sale (which has no correlation with jobs) and if someone wants info, they're to email you at Rutenberg Realty. So what we're supposed to believe is that you're a real estate agent who also happens to have clients looking for jobs, so you're going to fill that role too. In the meantime, you also attend all of these wonderful social events and you're willing to produce events...y'know, because producing events is something someone can easily do in their spare time (by the way, I've worked with an event management company for over half of my life and I'm 36).

Come on, man. Seriously? You can't expect us to swallow that. The only problem with what you're proposing is that it's so ridiculous that you can't possibly argument.

Remove Ads