Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: CodeFlow

Member #

CodeFlow

Hey guys

I'd like to introduce you to CodeFlow.
    It's a project I and a good friend of mine are working on since a couple of months.

I hope you don't mind this post, it's really not ment as some sort of "advertisement".
    But as we're Web-Developers our self - and it is a tool for Web-Developers - we're really interested in your thoughts.

So if you could check it out and drop us your opinion, we would really appreciate it.

Link to the Youtube presentation-video:
    Further infos (a indiegogo-page): CodeFlow - The smart and kind Dev-Assistant | Indiegogo

Cheers,
    Richard & Dimitri

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, dude...you may not have meant it as an advertisement (or say you didn't), but the fact is that it's an advertisement. I don't intend to **** people off when I say things sometimes, but I do. That's the nature of intent....it doesn't equate to reality in all cases.

If you want our thoughts, then here's what I'd suggest you do...post a site (not a video, but an actual site) in the reviews section where we can go ahead and download this editor and try it out. Keep in mind people generally aren't just going to fork over money to you for a text editor when there are some good ones available for free (Notepad++, Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express, and I'm sure there are others people like).

One way or the other, I am going to remove this post at some point, but I wanted to give you a shot to see this comment and come up with a plan first.
    Fireproofgfx and AlphaMare like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hi there

Well, sure it's linked to an indiegogo-campagn, but it's not like "make 200 bugs in one hour"-******** or any other advertisement for a product from a company.

It's a project - from developers for developers - and as our target-audience are webdevs, I figured it makes perfect sense to spread the word in such forums.

When I say I'm interested in our thoughts, I mean it.
    I'm really interested if it was just our "dumb idea", or if others are also like slick editors, but wish there would be more powerful - like in the sense of refactoring, searching-capabilities, aso.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Again, if you want us to believe that, what you're going to have to do is build a site, let people download a trial, and play with the tool. You're asking us to evaluate your idea based on a four-minute video and a vague indiegogo page. If you want legitimate feedback, you're going about it all wrong. There's nothing other than "what you say" to give feedback on, and what people say and reality are often two very different things.

So...do you have a site (not an indiegogo page, but a site) where we can download the thing and see features and things, or not?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Game: They have a site that they registered a couple of days ago, but there's almost nothing there.

Richard: I like some of the features you showed off (Smart Renaming, Function Peeking, Function Debugging, Function Feedback). Having said that, I pretty much only use Notepad++ (and only for the basic functions really), so I don't know if these features already exist in other software packages (free or paid). If they are already available in other programs, someone please tell me

I'm sorry but I don't think you'll get the funds you're looking for on igg. You didn't really talk about where the money would be going, how it would be spent, etc. Maybe that's just more of a Kickstarter thing where they lay it out more clearly. Will there be a public demo, or beta access?

I'd suggest a couple of things:
    1. Expand the coding options from "web technologies" to Ruby, C#, etc.
    2. Either look at bringing your igg goal down, or go open source. I like some of the features I saw, but without knowing the full feature set, I don't see enough to spend 40/75 Euros on.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads