Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok I dont know what happend but somehow im not able to view ANYTHING that pops up in a new window, images, links... I can click on the link and NOTHING happens! Ive done all I could restarted, scanned for viruses, looked threw my settings... can someone help me with a solution?? Im getting to the point where im gonna have to reinstall my OS...

Im also getting this pop up on my screen from a Messenger Service and it say stufff like "Click here to stop pop ups like this!" It pops up every 20 min or so, so if I l;eave my PC on I get like 20 of them...Its obviously some type of ad but I run a Addware scan and it doesnt detect it... any ideas on this one? I have a firewall...

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It looks as though you (or somebody else) has installed a pop-up blocker on the machine. This is then seeing the pop ups that you want (ie. things that you click) as a unwanted pop-ups and is stopping them.

Check add remove programs for anything that might be this type of app.

If this doesn't work check to see what services are running on the machine.

CTRL ALT DEL might show an app or process that is doing this.

Failing those try manually looking through your hard drive for an exe that could be causing this.

Have you recently installed the google taskbar. It's unlikely but it might also be the cause.

You shouldn't need to reinstall the OS if you're patient and look for the offending app.

Also: It might be an idea to try a differnet adware/spyware stopping utility as the one you've got doesn't seem to be doing the trick!

Member #
    A quick way to check if it's a popup program that's causing this: most popup programs can be temporarily disabled by holding CTRL while clicking a link that pops up a window. Try holding CTRL and clicking on a link that you know will popup a window.

Member #
    My friend had a problem like this. I got rid of the pop-ups by installing and running Ad-Aware and SpyBot, but as for the new window IE thing I couldn't fix it.

I told my friend to take it to a computer place and get it fixed. It was funky...
    BondMovies.com - "Nobody Does It Better."

Remove Ads