Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    38041

    Question A new British freelancing platform for web developers - Suggestion

    We're working on launching Towoglo.com , a new British targeted freelancing platform.

    Web development services will represent one of the core services offered through that platform. We are at the early stage and would like to know from potential users like you what would you like to find on such a platform which is not currently implemented on platforms like Elance or Odesk.

    PS: feel free to leave your email on our landing page to get entitled to 1 year free premium membership when launched

  2.  

  3. #2
    Unpaid WDF Intern TheGAME1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Not from USA
    Posts
    14,485
    Member #
    425
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm only going to allow the link in this case for the purposes of discussion since it appears that on the surface, you were legitimately looking for feedback and because I have some comments on this specific topic. Please note, David, that we don't allow link dropping under nomral circumstances.

    One thing I'd like to see upfront is how you avoid the race to the bottom scenario that occurs on Elance whereby people can see other people's bids, undercut them, and turn web design and development into factory work. oDesk has a closed bidding process, but it's not really immune to this scenario either as there's an average bid that does show up. You'd have to seal off bidding and have a way of making sure that employers set reasonable minimums for their projects (no $3 an hour "SEO" or "virtual assistant" nonsense). Of course, now that both of them have merged, I'm suspecting even more insanity to come about (mostly because they're telling us that "nothing will change"...yeah, right),

    The other thing I'd love to see is how you prescreen contractors. There's a pretty big chasm between the top 0.1% and the other 99.9% of contractors on oDesk, having seen it from both sides.

    I'm not British, but it looks like you're targeting a worldwide audience so I'm potentially interested on those grounds.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

    My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com