Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fireproofgfx
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe

Thread: Opportunity?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Opportunity?

My old friend of mine, we have the same hobby, and I dont have any job right now,
    so I dont know what to say to him. I would love to train again, well its jiu-jitsu but
    I dont know have a job right now so I dont feel like coming back to train again, if I
    dont have a job.He is a web designer working at home,And in my mind if I would train
    back again with him, would he gave me a job also?He told me to train again but Im
    busy studying web design and development.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    You need to go back to school with that incomprehensible paragraph lol and learn how to put together a comprehensible sentence.

Facts

1) You and your "old" friend have the same hobby
    2) You don't have a job (mentioned 3 times)
    3) Your "old" friend is a web designer who works from home
    4) Your "old"friend wants you to train??? (for what? Well its Jiu-Jitsu??)
    5) You don't feel like training again
    6) Your "old" friend thinks you should train
    7) You are to busy studying web design to train

This would be easier to understand - if in fact I even understood what you were trying to say.

A friend of mine thinks I should get back into train (Jiu-Jitsu) but I am torn because I do not have a job and I am currently busy spending my free time studying web design. What should I do?

My response because I care

Why couldn't you do both? I understand you need a job, but you probably aren't going to work out all day and night like a MMA fighter does. Can't you balance training, studying and looking for a job at the same time?
    graphicnerd likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx View Post
    You need to go back to school with that incomprehensible paragraph lol and learn how to put together a comprehensible sentence.

Facts

1) You and your "old" friend have the same hobby
    2) You don't have a job (mentioned 3 times)
    3) Your "old" friend is a web designer who works from home
    4) Your "old"friend wants you to train??? (for what? Well its Jiu-Jitsu??)
    5) You don't feel like training again
    6) Your "old" friend thinks you should train
    7) You are to busy studying web design to train

This would be easier to understand - if in fact I even understood what you were trying to say.

A friend of mine thinks I should get back into train (Jiu-Jitsu) but I am torn because I do not have a job and I am currently busy spending my free time studying web design. What should I do?

My response because I care

Why couldn't you do both? I understand you need a job, but you probably aren't going to work out all day and night like a MMA fighter does. Can't you balance training, studying and looking for a job at the same time?
    yeah like we were chatting whats new at the gym, then he told me , come back training then didnt reply after that.

i really love to train again but maybe just wanna focus at web design right now probably..thank you Man for the advice

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you want even more free time, do Tabata training instead of Jiu-Jitsu training. 20 minutes of Tabatas and you'll feel like you want to puke the first time...then you go back and do it again a week later to show everyone that you're completely out of your mind.

(And yes, I have done Tabata training in the past.)
    Ronald Roe likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    If you want even more free time, do Tabata training instead of Jiu-Jitsu training. 20 minutes of Tabatas and you'll feel like you want to puke the first time...then you go back and do it again a week later to show everyone that you're completely out of your mind.

(And yes, I have done Tabata training in the past.)
    Jeebus. I tried those. I did sprints 15 secs on, 30 secs off. The first 3 or 4 times I went out, I was only good for about 6 sets. I run often, 3+ days per week, and I was hurting pretty bad. I finished out the 5K trail, and collapsed on my couch. I was toast.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I didn't even know that was a variant. The traditional Tabata that I know of is 20 seconds on as hard as you can, 10 off, repeat 7 more times. The four minutes you chew up is one Tabata. Depending on the Tabata, you're pretty gassed afterward. I can flex my quads the way juicers can flex their pecs and I was sucking wind by the end of a few of the leg variants (e.g. box jumps). Like what this guy does.

There's also a 40/30/20 variant that I know of where you do 40 seconds at "hard", 20 rest, 30 at "harder", 15 rest, 20 at "hardest". This is more for exercises such as bicep curls where you wrap a resistance band around your foot and then you curl it from kneeling, crouched, and fully upright (which increases the tension on the resistance band as you go).

I just wish they offered it at my "new" gym. Maybe I'll have to go find one of those Tabata timer tracks.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hi thank 's for Great information

Remove Ads