Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times

Anyone try Google Helpouts?

Anyone here ever try Google Helpouts (link)?

I never heard of them until February. I forgot what I was doing, but when I saw "Google," I had to click it. Turns out it's an idea of a marketplace for remote help and instruction, with both scheduled appointments and live help options. I think it's been up at least since November 2013.

It's by invitation only or you can apply to get in. It took me like 3-4 weeks to get approved, but I've been enjoying since then (about a week). It's a bit odd to use and to schedule things, so hopefully they do make improvements.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has used it, either as a helper or helpee, and what you thought about the experience?

And if you wanted to join as helper, but did not want to go through a 3-4 week wait like I did, you can use my invitation code: RON60M, but please only use it after you've watched their video and tried a helpout or two to see what they're all about (ps I don't think you need an invitation to be a helpee; only need one as a helper).

Oh and finally, I'm currenly offering free sessions for Wordpress help and responsive design help on there. So look me up if you need help with either of those. Be a good way to actually see the faces behind the avatars .

Remove Ads