Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

WordPress Blogging the Free Way

If you'd like to set up a WordPress blog and have it hosted for FREE, you can. How do I know, I did it just a little while ago.

It started out as an experiment to check out a website offering "free" hosting. They stated:

"000webhost.com ($0.00 webhost), is an industry leader in providing top class free web hosting services without advertising! There are no hidden costs, no adverts, and no restrictive terms. Lightning fast speeds, maximum reliability and fanatical user support are just a few of the features you'll receive with our service."

It sounded good so I signed up for a free hosting account. I choose my url, WhatIHaveLearnedToday.net46.net and proceeded to the next step. I checked on how to install WordPress to my new site. A Google search led me to wp.beginner.com, where I found a step-by-step tutorial on WordPress installation.

The installation process was not one click easy, but the tutorial was quite helpful. I had to go to WordPress, download the latest version and unzip the file. Then came FTP, (file transfer protocol), where I transferred the WordPress files to my new website. I used a free FTP program called FileZilla to transfer the files without much trouble. (If you've never used an FTP program before, FileZilla is fairly simple and there are tutorials available.)

The next step was to set up the SQL database for WordPress. The wp.beginner.com tutorial again proved most helpful, along with info from my new hosting company.

That's pretty much it, I now have a brand new WordPress website. Now all I have to do is set it up. HA! (If you know anything about setting up a new WordPress site you know the real work is still ahead of me!) At least I did not have to pay for hosting or a domain name.

Now how about you -- are you ready to get your hands dirty and try to set up your own WordPress site? You can't say it costs too much, since all you need is a fairly good computer and internet connection. Come on and give it a try, I think you'll enjoy the challenge and you'll certainly learn something new. There are plenty of people eager to help you if you need it. What are you waiting for?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thre...e-way.2715315/

Seriously, dude? Come on. If you're paying any attention to Digital Pointless, then you're more likely to get an STD from having unprotected sex with an open USB port on your laptop than you are getting anything useful from those clowns. This whole "free and generic beginner advice" thing is going to get you nowhere.

The pill on the right is the typical DP logic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the helpful response dude! I can see why you've got so many likes, but not from me.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Your post is very helpful for me. Recently i have tried to connect mey domain with free hosting but failed now i am able to attach domain to this hosting. Thanks

Remove Ads