Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Stop looking for projects and start looking for EMPLOYERS

In a perfect world, professional web designers and developers like yourselves wouldn't have any trouble finding consistent work. Perfection is impossible, but we at Workshop55 are breaking down several barriers that are actively preventing perfection. Many platforms--Freelancer.com, Elance and oDesk, to name a few--encourage bidding wars and inact a fee on every project. This raises an important question: why would a freelancer continue losing roughly 10% of his or her earnings on every project just to use these platforms? It's nonsense.

Workshop55 believes that, if we connect you with an employer and your work is impressive, then ongoing work is your achievement, not ours. Therein lies our innovation: Workshop55 helps you find, not just work, but active employers who can potentially offer you ongoing work. We charge a one-time fee for your first project with an employer; but if the employer wants to rehire you for ongoing work, then you can continue developing that business relationship on our platform for absolutely free. The traditional marketplace helps you find projects. Workshop55, however, helps you find employers. That is the key difference.

Stop losing money that you deserve. Take a look at our contractor page at Workshop55.com and consider applying to a platform that cultivates and promotes your professional talent. Our slogan is "Finally, results matter." It's people like you who create the results, so let us help you do exactly that.

Sincerely,
    The Workshop55 Team.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I would ordinarily remove this as spam, but in this case, I'm actually intrigued by three parts of it.

1) How are you going to find employers in any more of a sense than I could on say oDesk, where I (as a specific example) have ongoing employer-contractor relationships going back in cases up to 5 years? In other words, how do you ensure that "projects" don't occur?

2) Are you affiliated with any other sites, as say Freelancer.com is (the Warrior Forum nonsense)?

3) Why are you limiting yourselves to certain specific areas? Are they the only ones for which you know of potential employers?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hi,
    Thank you for leaving our comment as we never intend to spam rather try to create a meaningful dialog with a professional community.

We are a new project that is designed to connect small business and entrepreneurs with proven and trustworthy service providers in the field of web. Mainly web design, development, marketing and SEO.
    Many of them struggle to find the proper contractors as they usually does not know anything about web. Big freelance marketplaces do not help due to be overcrowded and not clear.

So our objective is to educate clients and introduce them to the right contractors.

Answering your questions:
    1) We already have an ongoing flow of projects and clients who usually stay with the worker for long time. We think it is a natural process as good workers usually have good relationship with clients and provide a high quality output.

2) No we are not affiliated with any of the well-known marketplaces. We are an independent project.

3) The only field we are limiting ourselves to is web for now. So projects do occur, actually everything starts as a project. But what we see is that they usually turn into long term business relationship which we inspire and do not charge for.
    Last edited by Workshop55; Jun 01st, 2014 at 10:03 AM.

Remove Ads