Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Creating A Upload Directory

What's up guys, I'm new to this forum and hopefully will be able to help with issues others are having as well as getting some guidance on my own.

Right now I am dealing with a dilemma that I need help with that just requires some help on which way to go about it.

I am in college and have a group of friends that want to set up a website that we can scan and upload our study guides with our work shown on them. Basically just a directory that we can go to and download the files uploaded. So my vision is to have a website (obviously) that is private and any of us can go to and login with one username and password.

The website will have one section that you can see all the uploaded files that are sorted based on name, date, class name, ect. The other section will have an upload form that you will fill out the date, study guide name, class name, and upload button to upload the file.

So I believe I need unlimited hosting disk space or at least a good amount because there will be a lot of files and file sizes being uploaded. From videos to pdfs and .docx word files.

I have found information about how to set up an upload form, but only one that the admin can see the files which I need everyone who accesses the website to see.

I know this is vague, but if I could get some information to start researching ways to do it that would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you have any questions on information I've left out!

Again, I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Best,
    Jeff

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Just use mysqli databases to store the files and information and use php or another server side language to pull it from the database and display it where its needed. You will also probably need a database for your login info.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads