Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: My Hand is Raised!! i Got a Question!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Question My Hand is Raised!! i Got a Question!

If I make a Webpage how can I earn a income or make some kind of money from it for FREE? Will SEO Help me to achieve this free income? Help I need Ideas and some good answers!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    There is no such thing as free income. You would at the very least have to pay for hosting.

You cant really just build a site and BAM start making money. You can do advertisements but that would require you to have visitors on your site. If your site doesn't benefit anyone then this will not be possible. You need a website that has content in which viewers regularly go to look at.

Basically,

Hosting=money spent
    Domain=money spent
    Getting your site created=money spent

Then you put ur site up in hopes of enough traffic to make some money. How much traffic? Well that depends but i doubt you will make any money with less than 5k visitors a month and that would probably not be as much money as you anticipate.

So if your looking to make a website to earn some income you better have an amazing concept. One which would drive visitors in by the 1000s it probably wont be worth it.

Make a website for the right reasons and you aren't even guaranteed success but your chances are higher.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    The Click rate of adsense is really low so yeah, you need a website that need 1000s of unique visitors per day to make any money of adsense.
    But then, if your website gets 1000s of visitors per day you will have to pay for a VPS or Dedicated server because your Web Hosting company will tell you that you have "outgrown" you hosting plan...

Here is my best advice.
    If you dont have something interesting to share and your plan is to earn money with someone else content... think again and kill that project before it takes of, or you will be wasting money and time.
    <Signature Here/>

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, Adsense CTR depends on several factors...ad units served, competition for those spots, originality of content, percentage of new vs. returning visitors, geographic location (e.g. India is much worse than US/Canada that way), and many other things. You also don't need "1000's of uniques per day to make money off of Adsense." You can be paid regularly every month with the right site and a few hundred uniques per day, depending on ad placements, your site content itself, and how it's structured. You also don't need a VPS or dedicated server, although having one will help. So that's not completely true. (Source of information: I know someone who has gotten a payment from Adsense every month for 44 months straight and counting.)

With that said, you're right. You need something original. And you will never ever get an idea like that from a forum. The only place that you can get an idea like that from is you. No generic thinking can provide it, contrary to the prevailing get-rich-quick wisdom out there. Can't happen. Won't happen. Never has happened. Never will.

Basically, if you want income, it takes originality and effort. If you're not willing to put in both, don't bother. Yes, it really is just that simple. Brutal, harsh, but simple.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    First of all, Adsense CTR depends on several factors...ad units served, competition for those spots, originality of content, percentage of new vs. returning visitors, geographic location (e.g. India is much worse than US/Canada that way), and many other things. You also don't need "1000's of uniques per day to make money off of Adsense." You can be paid regularly every month with the right site and a few hundred uniques per day, depending on ad placements, your site content itself, and how it's structured. You also don't need a VPS or dedicated server, although having one will help. So that's not completely true. (Source of information: I know someone who has gotten a payment from Adsense every month for 44 months straight and counting.)

With that said, you're right. You need something original. And you will never ever get an idea like that from a forum. The only place that you can get an idea like that from is you. No generic thinking can provide it, contrary to the prevailing get-rich-quick wisdom out there. Can't happen. Won't happen. Never has happened. Never will.

Basically, if you want income, it takes originality and effort. If you're not willing to put in both, don't bother. Yes, it really is just that simple. Brutal, harsh, but simple.
    I can agree that 1000s per day may not be mandatory, but i certainly never known a Web Hosting company that allows a website that gets 1000s of unique on a a shared plan. They will force the customer to pay for a VPS or dedi, or, cap the resources to his website so much that the website will take ages to load and break with a few concurrent accesses, forcing him to upgrade to a VPS or dedi If you know of a web hosting company that doesn't do that, please let me know as i would for sure like to check it out.

I dont know how much your "friend" is taking home from adsense, but a CTR of 3% is already considered a good rate unless your "friend" haves a niche market then higher CTR than 3% are more common. On the other hand there is always the exception to the rule that confirms the rule :P
    <Signature Here/>

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I've seen it. It happens. You can do it if you have a well-built site that doesn't tax the server too much (minimizing database calls, caching static resources, etc.) You build it on something like W*rdPr*ss or Joomla or most of the crap website builders out there? You're absolutely right. Won't happen. But I've ran sites that have hit a million page views per month on shared and had no issues whatsoever.

Is it easy? Nope. But it's a hair-chest exercise and it's well worth learning how to do.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the advice! I have a few ideas of what to make my niche site about. Still have some research to do on the keywords for SEO. Besides AdSense, was wondering if Amazon associate is any good? or is it the same thing kind of has AdSense.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Woah, woah, woah, timeout. I'm not sure you're going to like where your train of thought is going.

First of all, nothing associated with Amazon is good. They are the Disney of all things web design...a giant, bloated, Mickey Mouse operation propped up by millions of idiots more than happy to spread its message at a minimal cost to their overlords. You want absolutely no part of anything Amazon service-related. Their APIs suck, they treat their warehouse employees horribly (my brother-in-law worked there for a short time), and they're just an all-around garbage outfit.

But if you're asking these sorts of questions, I've got a general idea of what you're thinking. You're thinking something along the lines of "hey, these guys over at Warrior Forum or Digital Point or Designer Place X told me that I can build a WordPress site, fill it full of niche articles about a topic and I'll make money, and it's EASY, man!" There is a way to make money with a niche idea, but it's not good enough just to pick a topic and fill it with articles...you need features and content specific to that niche. No, that's not redundant...by "features and content", you need to understand who would look at your site, what type of information they'd be looking for, how they'd want it presented to them, and then deliver that.

Let's use a real-world example, and one overused by about half of the web industry...electronics. To make is a little more nichey, consumer electronics. What's the one thing everyone wants to know when shopping for consumer electronics? Product specs...either for something they're going to purchase, or for something they'd like to purchase later on. So you need to find a way to develop your database and site to store product specs related to the electronics people might want to buy. That takes a certain degree of programming knowledge by itself, and one that takes time and energy to acquire.

Now that you have your product specs, you're one of about 100,000 other sites that have the same information. So now what do you do to distinguish yourself from those 100,000? Product comparison? Done for the most part. Price shopping? Done, overdone and all but killed by Google Shopping. Reviews? CNet and Tom's Hardware, among many many others, took care of that (although in some niches, such as my own, they still work). Anything else? You'd need to think of it and figure out if anyone else is already doing it and succeeding to the point where you can't, and that's what makes it hard.

The only thing that's easy to understand about building a niche site, doing it correctly and making money off of it is that it isn't easy and that it isn't supposed to be easy. You need to understand things about your niche that no one else does (for example, in my niche, bowlers prefer garish and bright colors because it's what they're used to).

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    interesting....You have been a Great Help Game! Eye Opener! Thanks ....looks like I got my work cut out for me lol

Remove Ads