Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What's your opinion on the recent law suits on the grandfathers and honor students? Do you think in doing this they are actually promoting more downloading?

That's my opinion... it's just like prohibition once again. The record companies have been ripping us off for ages in my opinion and deserve what's come to them. They could easily be charging $3 a CD, still give the artist their same share (~3 cents a CD) and STILL make out like bandits. The fact that the retail price of the CD hasn't come down since it's first conception to me is just BS. suing 12 year old honor students isn't gonna make this right... Not to mention they refuse to change. Apple just hit the 10 million download mark... people are willing to pay for music, because let's face it. It's more convienient on computer format. Everytime I buy a Cd the first thing I do is ripp it to my computer. Don't get me wrong, I still buy CDs (unfortunately) it costs me a fortune... but hey, I like music and I guess that's the tradeoff. The other part the RIAA isn't posting is that about 25% of music downloaders have been buying MORE Cd's since they started downloading... how's that for a smack on the head. I dunno.. the whole thing seems rediculous to me and if they wanna be labeled the big bad boys, let 'em. More and more bands today are opting towards producing their own Cd's and staying away from record labels because of the gauging. I think record companies are dying out... and this is their last hope for vengance.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    If they charged far less than $17 a CD, downloading would be way down. Suing 12-year-old girls certainly does not give the company a good image.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    They used to be over $20 at times. As for the 12 year old, don't worry. hypothermia.us held a raffle, collected $2000 for her. Some P2P org. also gave her $2000
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads